What we're about
We started this group to share our love of speaking German with people in the Greater Toronto Area of all levels of skill in pleasant and relaxed settings. Although this group was started on Meetup in November 2012, the Stammtisch and Brunch events have been taking place monthly for many years.
We have six regular, monthly events:
• the Mississauga Pub Night on the second Monday of the month, which began in April 2013;
• the German Parents and Children Group - Deutsche Eltern- und Kindergruppe on the second Friday of the month, which began in September 2014;
• the Deutscher Stammtisch on the third Wednesday of the month, which began in October 2005;
• the Saturday Brunch the third Saturday of the month, which began in 2007;
• the Oakville Pub Night event on the fourth Monday of the month, which began in March 2014;
• the German Conversations event for people learning German on the fourth Wednesday of the month, which began in November 2012;
• the Brampton Pub Night event on the fourth Wednesday of the month, which began in November 2017.
• We schedule other cultural and culinary events from time to time.
Two of us, Robert and Stephan W, have been organizers of social events for German speakers, and for other interests, with other groups on Meetup for many years. We have since welcomed Anne, Ethan, Martin, Mustafa and Stephan S to the team.