What we're about
A group for people based in and around Guildford, UK to enjoy life and make friends!
As we emerge from lockdown, events in this group will be very varied and include Walks, trips to Restaurants, Festivals, Theatre, Cinema, Bowling, Pubs, ice skating and trips to London to name a few examples.
We are very open to new ideas, this group will be a collaborative effort and led by the interests of members. If you have a suggestion for something fun to do, don't hesitate to get in touch.
We really looking forward to seeing you and to the fun events we'll arrange together 😊 we're always on the look out for event organisers, so drop us a line if you want to help!
Rules of this group (which you agree to adhere to having joined this group and on attending any events):
- Please make sure you have a clear photo of yourself on the app so people know who you are and who to look out for.
- Please respect all members and organisers. We’re all here to make friends and all event hosts are doing so out of kindness, not as a job! So no unrealistic demands on them please, and remember you are fully responsible for yourself at all of our events.
- Please keep your RSVP up to date, including if you’re on the waiting list, and especially at events where bookings or payments have been made. We understand that unexpected things happen in life and not everything can be planned. However if you do not update your RSVP in time for someone else to take your place multiple times you may be removed from the group.
- Please do NOT message or DM anyone without their explicit permission to do so, either via meetup or other platforms such as WhatsApp. Furthermore, we know that dating opportunities may arise but this is predominantly a social group and not for dating, and inappropriate messages to other members who have not given consent are not allowed. Breaches of this rule will be reported.
Please familiarise yourself with the rules above.
If you believe someone is breaking the meet up rules please politely remind them and if required, remove yourself from the situation.
If you have a concern:
- you can speak to the event host. All of our event hosts are always happy to help and will do their best to do so, seeking advice from other event organisers if necessary, or suggesting you follow one of the other options detailed below if the concern is more serious. Please do be mindful that event organisers are also people with their own personal lives and jobs, and are a part of meetup for the same reasons you are!
- you can report to the meetup app https://help.meetup.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000089471-Policies-and-Community-Guidelines. Meetup have their own policies which you can read and they will be trained to manage these situations.
- you can report to other relevant authorities. Particularly important for more serious concerns and concerns which may arise outside of meetup events. As you would in the ‘real world’ (which this is!) police matters should be reported to the police, location matters reported to the location etc.
Welcome to the group, and hope to see you soon!
How do you pay for this?! Doesn't running a Meetup cost money?!
There is no charge for this group. However, if you appreciate it and would like to contribute towards it's continuation, we encourage you to donate £1 here: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/GuildfordMeetup