This Meetup was canceled.
We're going to develop location-based mobile games with the editor ActionBound (https://en.actionbound.com/).
I'll take you through the whole process of game creation in fast-forward. You can work on your own or in small groups where you will develop your game idea and implement it using the editor, so no coding.
day 1 (Saturday 20th):
• develop a game idea for a location-based mobile game
• use of the game editor ActionBound to implement the game
day 2 & 3 (Sunday 21st and Saturday 27th, you don't have to be present if you can't make it)
• run a user test for your game
• participate in user tests for others’ games
RSVP for day 2 (http://www.meetup.com/hackeriet/events/223282398/) and day 3 (http://www.meetup.com/hackeriet/events/223282454/).
• Laptop (only day 1)
• SmartPhone or Tablet (capable of running iOS or Android apps)
• no previous knowledge required
I'm running this mini hackathon as part of a scientific evaluation about location-based mobile games created with an editor. After the user test, participants will be asked to fill out a survey to find out how much fun the game was. The anonymised results of the survey will be used in my thesis. The anonymised data will be publicly available, unless you (the game authors) object.