What we're about
So here's the deal you guys: Making friends as an adult is basically impossible because no one has any free time, everyone has an opinion on something, and, when you finally do find a potential friend, you find out that they live in Rosenberg and you live in Conroe 🥴
I've learned that Meetup.com is basically the only option for making some new BFFs if you're not the "join a sports league" type or the "super outgoing person who makes random friends when buying a cup of coffee" type. It’s really the only shot most of us have got.
Before you just jump on this Meetup bandwagon, I do enforce a few rules for being a part of this fab time:
DO NOT JOIN (& you may very well find yourself kicked out!) THIS MEETUP IF:
1. You're looking to meet your soulmate 💔 PLOT TWIST - I actually did meet my soulmate at the first Meetup I ever hosted back in Chicago. But that's the exception, NOT the rule. If you meet the love of your life, then you're welcome & I better be invited to your wedding, but please don't be one of those creeps who comes & hits on every person attending just because your aunt won't stop asking why you're single every holiday. My holidays are rough enough; I don't need to be worrying about yours. 🙅🏼♀️
2. You're going to join but never actually attend events. I mean the notifications alone are gonna drive you crazy!
3. Judging anyone for anything. Some of us might drink too much, some of us should have stayed home, and some of us just straight up are kinda boring people. It’s just part of the process. I swear dating is actually easier as an adult then finding one person you wanna be friends with!
4. You’re gonna ask me if you can co-host an event. The answer is absolutely no. It will always be a no. Even if we become super great friends and you’re like “Macey, please this is the event I’ve been waiting for” because then I’m just gonna feel kinda like a jerk but a jerk who keeps her word. If you wanna host an event or if you feel like you don’t like the events I’m hosting then you’re more than welcome to spend $20+ a month on meetup.com & start your own group. Go wild.
6. Not really a rule, but there's not an "age" thing to this group. Just be cool. If you're married/single/twenties/thirties/forties/fifties/even 100+ it doesn't matter! I don't think you can age restrict fun. Unless you're under 21 then I'm sorry but you're a literal child and it's just gonna be a no from me 🚫
7. WE 👏🏻 ARE 👏🏻 INCLUSIVE 👏🏻 IN 👏🏻 THIS 👏🏻 GROUP 👏🏻 Y’ALL 👏🏻 All races/religions/political views/etc/etc/etc
8. ANY advancements (sexual, unwanted, etc) to ANY members (including myself!) by ANY member will be reported to Meetup (and if necessary, local authorities) and will immediately end in removal from the group. So &^#$ around and find out ✋
I think that about covers it! For someone who hates rules, that sure is a lot of them. Being the host with the most sometimes means you gotta enforce a few things...
I wanna host some fun activities and make some new friends. If you’re looking for the same thing, then I think we’ll have an awesome time.
Oh & I almost forgot - currently there’s a freaking PANDEMIC going on. I know, it’s *almost* over - but still! Please consider only attending in-person events if you’ve had the vaccine. Don’t be dumb and come when you’re sick or if you’re uncomfortable around strangers. We still have plenty of virtual events as well ✨
Check out meetupmacey.com for more member content & follow me on TikTok / Instagram @meetupmacey. See ya soon 😉