What we're about
LEARN UKELELE AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS 🙂 👍 👍! We are an AWESOME ukelele lesson and social club for beginner and intermediate ukelele lovers!
ORGANIZER/UKELELE TEACHER (PETE) HAS BEEN FULLY VACCINATED WITH A COVID-19 VACCINE
MASKS REQUIRED AT ALL EVENTS
1) Learning how to play the cool ukelele ONLINE IN YOUR HOME AND IN-PERSON IN VANCOUVER
2) Eating yummy and healthy food in cheap eats restaurants
3) Ukelele LESSON and eating/drinking socials : indoors, outdoors at a park, and even online in your home.
4) Making new ukelele friends with similar interests such as travel, ukelele, Hawaii, music, Canucks etc.
5) Singing and playing the world's most friendliest musical instrument (ukelele).
6) Awesome activities like: Eating desserts, drinking bubble tea, dim sum, hiking, board games and ukelele picnics and parties.
WE FOLLOW THE BC GOVERNMENT COVID-19 SAFETY ADVICE LIKE MASK WEARING, HAND SANITIZING, AND SOCIAL DISTANCING.
FREE UKELELE RENTAL AT IN-PERSON GROUP LESSONS: CHOOSE FROM SOPRANO (SMALL), CONCERT (MEDIUM), AND TENOR (LARGE).
MEMBERS DO NOT NEED TO OWN A UKELELE, OR ALREADY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE UKELELE TO JOIN THIS MEETUP GROUP.
APPLICANTS WHO BECOME MEMBERS MUST ALSO ATTEND ONLINE AND IN-PERSON UKELELE EVENTS, NOT JUST NON-UKELELE EVENTS.
BEGINNER AND INTERMEDIATE UKELELE PLAYERS ONLY
NO ADVANCED OR PROFESSIONAL UKELELE PLAYERS
A ukelele, the world's most friendliest musical instrument, is a small guitar-like Hawaiian musical instrument that is currently exploding in popularity worldwide and in Vancouver.
We learn how to play and jam to popular Hawaiian, Beatles, childrens, pop, love, folk, country, Christmas, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, French, and Spanish songs: ukeleles, tambourines, and shakers.
I also teach a few basic singing and breathing exercises to improve your singing voice.
We regularly schedule: Learn How To Play The Ukelele Workshops for beginners
THIS MEETUP GROUP IS PERFECT FOR VANCOUVER NEWCOMER WHO WANT TO LEARN A NEW HOBBY AND TRY DIFFERENT KINDS FOODS IN INEXPENSIVE VANCOUVER RESTAURANTS.
EVERY SUMMER WE HAVE A HAWAIIAN THEME UKELELE INTERNATIONAL FOOD POTLUCK PICNIC AT A PARK NEAR AN EAST VANCOUVER SKYTRAIN STATION. WE EAT DELICIOUS FOOD, PLAY FUN GAMES, AND PLAY AND SING WITH THE UKELELE.
We will also schedule other cool events such as conversation cafes, bubble tea, karaoke, takoyaki parties, city walks, movie nights, volleyball, financial seminars, dodge ball, origami and crafts, board and video games, picnics, snowboarding, snowboarding, yoga, hikes, karaoke, language exchanges, mah jong, ice-skating, dances (ballroom and salsa), Richmond Night Market, and food truck festivals.
EASY TO APPLY FOR A FREE MEMBERSHIP:
1. Answer ALL questions/All question parts or their application WILL NOT BE APPROVED (application rejected).
2. Submit a recent clear real photograph (Your Meetup profile photo) showing YOUR whole face (NO SUNGLASSES, MASKS, OBJECTS BLOCKING FACE ETC.) Be sure you are the only person in the photograph.
*Membership application will not be accepted if both steps are not completed properly.