What we're about
This group is for those that LOVE to be OUTDOORS!!! We walk, hike, camp AND backpack together so what are you waiting for??
We live in a city that has 180+ miles of trails to hike or bike and 64 parks, not to mention rated #5 in the nation for Best Mild Weather, 300 days of sunshine AND 7 national parks near by!! We really do have the best opportunities to GET outside, BE outside and STAY outside.
Feel free to attend any one of our events...but be sure to read the detailed description - we will always list a trail rating for difficulty, directions & maps and general guidelines.
I have also included important & useful links below.
Now lets get OUTSIDE!!!
Your organizer - Dirty Linda
(Why is my hiker name "Dirty Linda?" Because I love DIRT trails!!)
• Facility, Trail & Park Guide link (http://www.cityofhenderson.com/docs/default-source/Parks-Recreation/Trail-Maps/park-locations-trailheads-and-amenities.pdf?sfvrsn=2)
• Trail Map (http://www.cityofhenderson.com/docs/default-source/Parks-Recreation/bike_network_map.pdf?sfvrsn=4)
• Facebook link (https://www.facebook.com/Hendersonhiking/)
• Hiking Henderson Staff & Medallion Program link (http://www.cityofhenderson.com/henderson-happenings/parks-and-trails/trails-and-bike-lanes/hiking-henderson)
Level 1 - Suggested for beginning to advanced users • Generally flat • Obstacles may be present
Level 2 - Suggested for intermediate to advanced users • Somewhat flat with hills • Obstacles may be present
Level 3 - Suggested for advanced users • Occasional steep hills • Obstacles may be present
Mt. Charleston (http://weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?forecast=zandh&pands=Mount%20Charleston,Nevada)
Lake Mead (http://www.weather.com/weather/right-now/NVNPSLAME:13) - NV side (http://www.weather.com/weather/right-now/NVNPSLAME:13) & Lake Mead - AZ side (http://www.weather.com/weather/right-now/7535:19)
Red Rock (http://weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?config=&forecast=zandh&pands=red+rock%2C+nv&Submit=Get+Weather)
1) No-show's & last minute cancellations (unless a real emergency) may keep you from attending future events. Attendance is usually accounted for the night before an event, and is tracked for all events which are only view-able by organizers.
2) It is not necessary to RSVP no to an event if you do not plan on attending. The no is available for those that "change" their mind after RSVP'ing yes to an event, but not at the last minute of coarse (see #1 above).
3) We never leave anyone behind and will always have a front person to lead and a sweeper to make sure this never happens. Safety first!!
4) Leave No Trace (http://www.lnt.org/learn/7-principles) ethics apply to every event, no exceptions.
5) Be kind to everyone and everything.
DISCLAIMER: By being a member of this group you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from any and all group functions. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold any of the group's leaders, officers, or representatives liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly or as a consequence from a group activity. You also agree that your membership of this group is based on an "at will" basis.