What we’re about
Meet other local hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the wilderness and hiking in the mountains.
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- ROCK CLIMBING: Stone Age Climbing Gym (NORTH)Stone Age Climbing Gym (NORTH), Albuquerque, NM
This is a regular gym climb posted every two weeks at Stone Age Climbing Gym NORTH. All skill levels welcome!
* Reference "ANNA'S MEETUP" when arriving so they know you're with me. Meet near the registration desk by 6:30pm
Stone Age Climbing Gym (NORTH)
6200 Alameda Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
New visitors to the gym (or folks who haven't visited in awhile), please complete the gym's waiver ONLINE:
The Gym is giving us a discounted day pass price of $14 + $5.95 for harness/shoes/belay device (if you need to rent them). Bring your own personal gear if you have it and you don't pay the gear rental fee.
Everyone can climb the auto-belay and bouldering routes at the gym and there should be plenty of climbing for everyone. A top-rope or lead belay test is required for anyone wanting to belay. The test isn't something new people will be taking but it'll be something you'll want to take if you come climb regularly. You can also take gym classes on your own time to learn how to belay.
The gym has a locker room. Bring a lock if you want to lock your locker. You can also put stuff in cubby holes under the gym benches.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear comfortable shorts/pants that allows you to see your feet
- Wear a t-shirt but bring a light long sleeve shirt in case the gym is cold
- Socks aren't required with climbing shoes but wear a thin sock if you plan to wear them.
- Embudo trail area in Sandia foothillsEmbudo Trailhead, Albuquerque, NM
Brisk hike of about 2.5 miles in the Sandia foothills on a series of trails at the east end of Indian School Road. Hills enhance the workout's value.
I will be near my dark green Jeep and will hit the trail at 7:30 a.m. sharp.
- 2024 Banff Mountain Film Festival (2 nights)Kimo Theatre, Albuquerque, NM
This is a PSA announcement to let everyone know the festival tickets are for sale. I won't be organizing a Meetup at the event.
If you haven't attended the Banff Mountain Film Festival, you're in for a treat. Come enjoy thrilling adventures, stunning landscapes, and incredible stories of human determination in some of the world's most challenging environments.
Tickets are $18/day and $30/both nights.
- Friday, March 8th
- Saturday, March 9th
- Doors open at 6 pm Films begin at 7 pm
FRIDAY NIGHT TICKET LINK
SATURDAY NIGHT TICKET LINK
- DST Kick-Off! Timed After Work Hike Embudito (Better than a Stairmaster)Embudito Trailhead Parking, Albuquerque, NM
Departure Time: 4:45pm (please be prompt because we will leave by 4:50pm)
Who Should Attend: All hiking fitness levels welcomed.
Hike Description: We will leave from the Embudito parking lot trailhead and hike together until we get to the base of the trail. Once we get to the base, the turn around time will be determined, which is about 55 minutes from the time we start.
Everyone hikes at their own pace. Elevation gain? As far as you can go within the time allowed. (Note: If you make it from the parking lot to The Big Rock, it is 2.0 miles with 1,200ft of elevation gain).
Although this is a popular trail, please be aware that if you don't like hiking by yourself, then you might not like this hike because everyone is hiking at different paces.
• WATER, 24 oz.
Dogs: Dog park friendly dogs allowed. Limit 3 dogs, so let me know if you are bringing one.
Weather Notice: If inclement weather looks imminent, please check this site 45 minutes prior to start time.