Our goal is to create a fun and enjoyable space where people can connect with one another for friendship, business and social activities. In order to keep the quality and integrity of this group, here are the rules:
- Inactive members can and will be removed.
- You must have a photo posted. This is purely so we can identify a face and name when you come to our events.
- We reserve the right to cancel any event with fewer than 4 people attending with 24hrs notice
- We reserve the right to cancel any event due to inclement weather conditions
- If you bring a guest, state their name in your RSVP 'comment'
- If a place is BYOB, please indicate what you will bring to avoid duplicated items
- No advertising/spam on our message boards. This includes advertising other groups.
PAYING THE BILL
- When an event has a cover charge, this is mandatory to be a part of the event. People who are caught attending events that require a cover without paying it will be removed from the group.
- You pay for what you eat and/or drink, except when sharing 'family style' meals, in which case the food portion is split evenly.
- Bring cash
- If you flake on two events and are NOT in communication with us, you will automatically be removed from the group.
- We understand that life can be hectic and plans change, but please be aware that planing and executing these events takes a lot of time and effort. People who RSVP to events and then don't show up diminishes the quality of the events and, in some cases, actually prevent other people from going if an event is filled, so it is important to not be a flaker.
INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR POLICY
Anyone who acts creepy in such a way that makes other members uncomfortable will be removed from the group. Note that creepy behaviour includes sending unsolicited messages to people you have not met in an attempt to "pick them up". This is the kind of behaviour one would see on a dating site and this is NOT a dating site. Treating this group like a dating site will result in your removal. Annoying, harassing, hassling, or antagonizing people at events is also inappropriate behaviour.
This group is not a platform to advertise your business, events, or anything else you are trying to push. We get frequent request to tell our members about other events, organizations, opportunities, etc. This is a social group and not a mailing list. Our members already get way too many emails from our normal operations, so we don't use it to announce anything except our own events. We do, however, organize joint events with other organizers who have first become a part of our community by coming out to events and getting to know us in person.
We organize many charity events each year. We frequently host events to help out the Hoboken Homeless Shelter and other causes that our organizers are passionate about. We especially like to run events to help local Hoboken charity organizations. We often get requests to host events to raise money for a specific charity. We sometimes do these, but only with members that we have come to know and trust through our community. This means that we work with people we know. If you want to utilize the resources of the HSS to raise money for something, you need to first spend the time to become a known and active member of the community.
You get out what you put in
Note that friendships develop over time. We host frequent events because we understand that it takes time to get to know people. You don't go to one event and instantly have a new circle of friends. you need to attend events frequently and interact with people many times in order for friendships to develop. At each event you will meet new people and also get to know people you have already met better. This is the natural process and the way to get the most out of this community.
Why is there are small charge for many events?
Our group charges because Meetup is not free to run (Organizers have to pay Meetup.com to organize groups) and there are lots of other costs involved producing events. We request that our members appreciate our efforts by making a small contribution.
Another reason we charge is that we have found from experience that it results in a better quality of membership. If the charge truly bothers you, then there are plenty of other groups that are a better fit for you.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About " Hoboken Social Sandbox "||January 18, 2015 4:17 PM||anonymous|