What we’re about
At least once a month at HoustonPhotowalks.com, we drum up some crazy idea for a place to photograph and practice our photo techniques. We're a fun bunch, no pressure, no stress. Come ready to learn and share what you know among other photographers.
Check out our Member Discounts, Sponsors and other cool stuff on our Good Stuff page:
This group is perfect for new camera owners, novice hobby photographers, and old dogs that have been shooting photos for a long time.
Our group has 3 main principles that guide our way:
• Fun and Safe (we want you to have a great time, and not die).
• Honor the amateur photography clubs that came before us. Their enthusiastic interest in photography paved the way for the technology evolution that allows us to capture light today.
• Education, of ourselves, each other and the community. We learn our best techniques from each other, and we teach the community that photographers aren't jerks, criminals or terrorists.
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Photowalk: 9th Annual Abandoned Houston on ChristmasMarket Square Park, Houston, TX$2.00
Downtown Houston will be pretty much abandoned on Christmas Day. It’s a great day to get middle-of-the-street shots without (hopefully) getting run over. If you’re looking for something to do on Christmas day, join us for the Abandoned Downtown Photowalk!
We will start at Market Street Square Park under the shelter by the restaurant, photographing the art installations, murals, and historic buildings. Then we will make our way along the road downtown.
WHY A PHOTOWALK ON CHRISTMAS DAY?
Christmas day is a great day to get together with friends and fellow photographers. It’s a chance to see Downtown while it’s completely (almost) empty. You will also have a chance to play with any new camera toys that Santa brought you. 🙂 And, it’s an excuse to get out of the house for folks that don’t want to be at home alone on Christmas day.
We will start near Market Square Park and shoot some of the historic buildings in the area. Then we’ll make our way through downtown, passing several historic buildings, new construction, and points of interest. We will pass many completely empty buildings that are usually full of people.
If we are lucky, we may find a parking structure or two that are unoccupied, allowing us to get up high and shoot some abandoned-looking downtown streets.
The official map will help guide you along the way and find us if you get behind. The map is interactive and can be viewed on smartphones by clicking this link.
I suggest parking near Market Square Park. Since this is a holiday, it should be pretty easy to find free/cheap parking spots nearby.
## RSVP AND PAYMENT INFO
Rain or shine, no refunds, no transfers.
Please see our Payment FAQ: https://24mov.es/2D4idaE
Please see our RSVP FAQ: https://24mov.es/2SP1wFB
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Have a question? PRIVATELY contact the organizer BEFORE posting comments. The organizer may not be available online (email/texts/comments) during and prior to the event. So get any questions to the organizer early.
- Trip: Kenya Photography Safari, Capture the Drama of the Great MigrationJomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi
Capture the Great Migration on a Kenya Safari!
Join HoustonPhotowalks and BrambleBerry Tours for the photography adventure of a lifetime on our 12-day small group safari timed for the peak of the Great Migration in Kenya!
On this bucket-list trip, we'll visit Kenya's top national parks and reserves to photograph its abundant wildlife, stunning landscapes, and colorful culture.
- Seek big cats like lions, cheetahs, and leopards on the hunt during calving season
- Photograph immense herds of wildebeest and zebras migrating across the Mara River
- Capture Africa's iconic wildlife, including elephants, giraffes, hippos, and more, against dramatic landscape backdrops
- Learn tricks of the trade from our expert pro photographer guides
- Stay in intimate luxury camps and lodges located right inside the parks
We've timed this exclusive safari for August 25 - September 5, 2024 to coincide with the peak action of the Great Migration. Wildlife sightings during this period are unparalleled.
Contact Taha or Joe for more details! CLICK HERE to contact us.
Join us for the most remarkable photo opportunities on the planet and immersive cultural encounters. Discover why East Africa is a top destination for travel photographers.
Spaces are limited. Our safari tours are limited to groups of 5 people to provide the best photo opportunities. There will be ONLY 1 OR 2 GROUPS OF 5 PEOPLE for this date - reserve your spot today! Find complete details on our website:
Contact us: [https://safaritrip.houstonphotowalks.com/contact-us/]