"The purpose of the Humanists & Freethinkers of Cape Fear (HFCF) is to lead and promote a humanistic and freethinking lifestance with ideals based on ethics, freedom, rationalism, and human concerns."
The Humanist and Freethinkers of Cape Fear (HFCF) is a diverse group of Humanists, Atheists, Agnostics, Freethinkers, Rationalists, Sceptics, and all those who question organized religion. HFCF is a chapter of the American Humanist Association. HFCF uses Meetup.com to publicize its upcoming social events and programs.
Using this Meetup site is free; if you would like to learn more about HFCF and become a dues-paying member, visit us at Humanists and Freethinkers of Cape Fear website (http://www.capefearhumanists.org/).
HFCF organizes monthly meetings with various nationally recognized speakers, and an exciting calendar of events and social activities. We welcome people with an interest in promoting secularism, social justice, environmentalism, peace, and personal liberty. This Meetup group is about encouraging discussion, having fun and building friendships.
Help us maintain a positive, polite online community by adhering to the following membership guidelines:
• Ensure that your profile name is real - no aliases, fictional characters or silly combinations of symbols and numbers will be accepted for membership.
• Add a photo to your profile. This isn't a requirement, but we like to know who you are when you attend HFCF events!
• Resist any temptation to troll, harass, spam, self-promote, or engage in any of those other "non-productive social networking behaviors."
• Use the Meetup message function to relay personal communications and be courteous not to infringe upon any other member's privacy.
• Do not use the Meetup message function to solicit personal financial support, political endorsements, or similar appeals. Note that there are other forums where these are more appropriate, i.e. GoFundMe.
Please note that this Meetup group is paid and maintained by the HFCF Board (co-organizers), and that HFCF reserves the right delete and/or block any members, without notice, who violate the basic protocols of social networking.