What we’re about
The Humanists & Freethinkers of Cape Fear (HFCF) strive to lead and promote a humanistic and freethinking life stance with ideals based on ethics, freedom, rationalism, and human concerns. We are a diverse group of Humanists, Atheists, Agnostics, Freethinkers, Rationalists, Skeptics, and all those who question organized religion. We welcome people with an interest in promoting secularism, social justice, environmentalism, peace, and personal liberty.
HFCF organizes periodic meetings with various nationally and locally recognized speakers, and an exciting calendar of discussion, service and social activities. We want to learn, encourage discussion, have fun and build friendships with like-minded people.
If you would like to learn more about HFCF and become a dues-paying member, visit us at Humanists and Freethinkers of Cape Fear website.
Help us maintain a positive, polite online community by adhering to the following membership guidelines:
• Ensure that your profile name is real - no aliases, fictional characters or silly combinations of symbols and numbers will be accepted for membership.
• Add a photo to your profile. This is not a strict requirement because we do understand the desire to be anonymous on Meetup, but we like to know who you are when you attend HFCF events. If your profile does not appear to be that of a real human being, not having a photo will do you in.
• Resist any temptation to troll, harass, spam, self-promote, or engage in any of those other "non-productive social networking behaviors."
• Use the Meetup message function to relay personal communications and be courteous not to infringe upon any other member's privacy.
• Do not use the Meetup message function to solicit personal financial support, political endorsements, or similar appeals. Note that there are other forums where these are more appropriate, i.e. GoFundMe.
Please note that this Meetup group is paid and maintained by the HFCF Association and HFCF reserves the right to deny membership and to delete and/or block any members, without notice, for any violation of the basic protocols of social networking.