<Hybrid>[.NET @ Night] Workshop: Deploying a .NET 8 App to Azure App Service
Topic: Workshop: Deploying a .NET App to Azure App Service Using GitHub Actions and Bicep
In this edition of .NET@Night, we'll be doing a workshop on deploying a .NET App to Azure App Service using GitHub Actions and Bicep!
We'll mix in a variety of both .NET and Azure topics ranging from:
- Setting up Health Checks in ASP.NET Core
- Setting up Logging and Instrumentation in ASP.NET Core
- Using GitHub Actions to deploy
- Using Bicep to provision the infrastructure
- What is App Service and how does it work?
- Configuring Zero Downtime Deployments with Deployment Slots
- Integration with Azure Key Vault for secret management
- And more if we have time!
We'll mix in covering material with hands-on labs to get you up and productive with using .NET with Azure App Service.
We will be in person at the Lean TECHniques office at 9131 Northpark Dr in Johnston, IA 50131, and we will be on Zoom like normal. Meetup now supports Hybrid events so you should see both the physical address and the Zoom address.
Food, beverages, power strips, and WiFi will be provided for those that are in-person.
You will need:
- .NET 8
- An editor that supports .NET 8 (Latest Visual Studio, Latest Rider, VS Code, etc)
- GitHub account
- 5:00pm–5:30pm - Pizza, Socialize, Laptop Setup
- 5:30pm-8:00pm - Workshop
- 8:00pm-9:00pm - Socialize
Platinum Sponsor – QCI
Since 1995, QCI has grown to be one of the largest, Iowa-based, technology consulting firms, one client at a time. There is no secret to our success. We simply hire the best people and support a culture that is obsessed with delivering excellent service to our clients. In QCI, our clients have a partner that is large enough to provide highly skilled consultants across a wide area of expertise. Our dedication to client service has resulted in a long-term relationships through which we understand that placing the interests of our clients first is the key to being a trusted partner.
For more information, visit https://www.qci.com
Platinum Sponsor - Source Allies
Source Allies is a local technical consultancy who values collaboration, craftsmanship, and an ownership mentality. We provide a home to our teammates where we encourage each other to grow not only technically, but as peers & consultants. This is evident in the quality software we deliver to clients.
Learn about our “ownership mentality” at: https://www.sourceallies.com