Agenda for the Planning Session:
• Background: What is DjangoGirls? What are RailsGirls & RailsBridge? How would a joint workshop work?
• Go over detailed advice from Elena of the Perth joint DjangoGirls/RailsGirls workshop
• Decide on logistics: dates, size, venue, coaches, speakers, breakfast/lunch, location for optional dinner, sponsorship
• Go over the DjangoGirls & RailsGirls/RailsBridge curriculum materials
• Misc. other stuff: open time for anything else that anyone wants to cover
On 4/27-28, Jack of Riverside Ruby/Ember and I chatted on Twitter about the idea of hosting a DjangoGirls, RailsGirls, or RailsBridge workshop one weekend. It'll probably be some combination since the IE tech community is small.
See the full conversation here, including advice from friends Russ & Elena in Australia who did something similar: https://twitter.com/jluckyiv/status/592881815028891648
On 5/23, Daniel, Trey, and I coached/spoke at Django Girls Ensenada. See our recaps here to get a feel for what it was like.
Open to All:
If anyone (including men or women from other meetups) wants to help on the planning side, come to this. Feel free to copy this to other meetup calendars. Or comment with your ideas for the venue, food, sponsoring, etc.
No obligation to help with planning. Even just attending when we have the details worked out would be awesome! I just wanted to get this out in the open right away so that all who want to help with planning can be involved.