What we’re about
* Guests are not permitted in the members-only Island Mountain Ramblers Meetup page. To join the Island Mountain Ramblers group on MeetUp, please first complete an application for membership in the IMR club *
We are the Island Mountain Ramblers. We are a hiking and mountaineering club of amateur enthusiasts who develop our community by sharing our passion for the outdoors. Our adventures get people out of their comfort zones and help people discover new places.
Join us and develop your skills while participating in various in-person and online activities. We offer dozens of group trips yearly, including easy hikes and challenging climbs, backcountry ski trips and snowshoeing rambles, sport-climbing at local crags, and education opportunities.
Join us through our website: http://islandmountainramblers.com/
The purposes of the Island Mountain Ramblers are:
• to provide opportunities for organized non-motorized outdoor activities such as, but not limited to, mountaineering, hiking, backpacking, cross-country skiing, canoeing and kayaking.
• to work for the preservation of the Parks and wilderness recreational areas of B.C., and to assist and promote the development of trails and other hiking facilities in appropriate areas.
• to explore the backcountry areas of Vancouver Island and document the club’s experiences in these places.
• to provide formal and informal opportunities for members to acquire skills in hiking, mountaineering, leadership, wilderness survival and outdoor awareness.
• to promote informal social gatherings.
• to promote healthy lifestyles and appreciation of the outdoors.
• to promote cooperation with complementary organizations.