Co-scheduled hike with the El Paso Ridgewalkers and El Paso Hiking Meetup. Plan is to hike up Upper Fillmore Canyon to the Narrows and beyond till fire damage stops us.
Expect 8+ miles, with over 2500 ft. of elevation gain. Since it is an out-and-back hike, feel free to turn around early.
- Las Cruces: At 7:30 am, in/outside Milagro's Coffee at Pan Am Plaza. See map (OpenStreetMap or Google Maps). Try the green chile bagels; avoid the pre-hike caffeine.
- El Paso: Meet the Ridgewalkers at 7:00 am, I-10 and Transmountain Road Shell. Meet and park at the gravel parking lot to the west of the gas station. See map (OpenStreetMap or Google Maps). Don't be late, Ridgewalkers leave 7:10 sharp!
- Dripping Springs Visitor Center: 7:45 am, from where we'll go down to the Fillmore Canyon trailhead.
Fees: $3/vehicle. If you've a BLM or Golden Age pass, please bring it.
- Trail map on OpenStreetMap w/ topography
- GPS track of last time Samat did it, ignore that he got lost at the end.