SFJS #34: Modular Front-End JS and Functional Underscore
Design on a scalable, state-based, front-end application architecture to manage business logic and control flow. We'll synthesize a number of programming patterns to help you decouple not only views and data, but also navigation paradigms and transitions between states to keep your product agile and moving forward without having to refactor.
- Alex Rohde will present Fancy:
Fancy (repo) is a mashup of underscore and Oliver Steele's functional.js to give even more power than either would individually while keeping native objects clean. After an intro, I'll address the concerns of Brian Lonsdorf's "Underscore, you're doing it wrong" talk by showing how a library can give full functional power while still being realistically usable in production code.
- Food? Probably not this time.
- Beer? Until the keg is empty, yes.
- Bikes? Bring them inside and down the stairs; bike room in the basement.
- Parking? Shouldn't be too bad on a Monday. I've had good luck on Howard between 1st and 2nd.
- Late arrivals? The door locks, so arrivals after 7:30 will be disruptive.
- After party? Gosh, we're right near thirsty bear. I have to imagine that's where we'll end up.