Bright people like you are getting together to share ideas, examples and tools to upgrade — not replace — their approach to service design, product strategy, marketing and customer research. Let’s talk :)
### 17:20 Welcome to Founders, Stefano Zorzi
### 17:20 Intro, Casper (Organizer)
Since I invited, it’s probably wise to say a few words :)
- 5 core principles of #JTBD, explained
- Quick examples of companies using Jobs
- Overview of approaches/frameworks: Switch, ODI and others.
### 17:40 Topics, round 1
Group discussions to explore different approaches and how people work with Jobs (or want to).
I’ll prepare a few examples for each topic, and we can then discuss and share different approaches.
Everyone is invited to pitch in, but here are some ice breakers from previous feedback:
- Jobs theory is an amazing lens, but there’s a real lack of insights on practical application of the framework
- Interview techniques from JTBD (eg. mapping ”the switch”) seems to be a hot topic - everyone is looking to get (even) better at discovery and understanding of desired outcomes, wants and needs
- We want better ways of collecting and sharing insights, so that everyone in the organisation truly understands how and why customers hire us in the first place
- We’re looking for a solid framework to validate our assumptions and quantify results from new approaches, especially where previous data might not exist
### 18:30 Light food, drinks and mingling
### 19:00 Topics, round 2
### 19:40 Wrap-up: Next meetup — format, ideas, topics?
Sound off in the comments if there are specific topics you'd like to explore, discuss or share with the group.