What we’re about
Welcome to "Just Us Lesbians" (JUL) meetup group! The largest lesbian group in the San Antonio area! A perfect opportunity for lesbians to meet new friends in a fun, safe & welcoming space in the South-Central TX. We are social animals, having a social community is healthy, enhances life & contributes to optimal self-care. Our goal is to have fun, laugh & grow our community with amazing, down-to-earth women. Social activities include sports, restaurants, game night, movie night, monthly birthday celebration, karaoke, outdoor adventures, book club, biking, swimming - you get it, anything you can think of! The more active event host organizers, the more events. Two events can overlap, except for JUL group specific events/fundraisers (Halloween Party, Friendsgiving, Christmas events). This is to bring the active/new members together, meet the group's vision of healthy socialization, improve our community, build synergy and grow relationships within the group. The benefits of this lesbian only group is making new connections, friends, build community, new couples, reduce loneliness, a stress release and building resiliency within oneself. As we gather, security & safety is top priority, so a recent facial profile picture of you is required. We've had men joining by submitting a picture of a female as they watch our activities. How creepy!
Updated as of 1 Jan 2023
RULES & GUIDELINES: Face Mask Required @ specific events per guidance & per your comfort level. Come out at your own risk!
1. Membership / Guests: Respect is always a priority, first and last. Please, no exceptions. At just us lesbians we unapologetically only work to support lesbian women. In unity, we seek to motivate and encourage lesbian women to achieve and fulfill personal and professional fulfillment. Together in unity, we believe that JUL will provide enrichment for all members, we welcome all Lesbians 18+ to join. The rule is: males or straight ladies are not allowed at JUL events. The only exception: If a straight female or male friend is visiting from out of town, she/he may come as your guest while visiting - members may bring a lesbian guest once to events. Then after, she should join if she wants to come to more events. Kids are not allowed unless event allows or prior clearance with the host. Kids can attend family events posted, that allow kids. Ask, if ever in doubt. We follow the principles of love, respect and acceptance.
2. Annual MEMBERSHIP: A yearly fee of $10.00 (2023) is required every January or at your first event. Fee is based on a calendar year, example, if you join group in mid year, say in June, you pay your fee for the remaining of 6 months. You'll owe your next annual fee in January, regardless! Members who attend their 1st event are required to pay it in cash to event host or cash apps: Cashapp $jackiebowers2015,
Zelle available as well.
Couples who only have one member on meetup, must still pay $10 for each. If the partner plans on attending more than one event or join the group altogether, they must still pay the $10. Meetup group costs is not free, it costs $360 yearly, it goes up annually. The group yearly fee helps offsets costs to have this wonderful lesbian community. Ask yourself, would you have your friend group, possible partner if you didn't have JUL. I think Not! Bottomline, a membership fee is required every calendar year by each active member. We receive no funds from inactive members. Several of our annual events costs the event organizers and others money you never know about. Our involvement in the community, such as PRIDE festival booth and parade float costs roughly $2500-$3'000 to participate in. Therefore, the 2023 fee is $10 annually. Everything is going up in costs, so please understand in order to keep the group active, we have to increase the fee.
3. Ladies, please, this is NOT A DATING SERVICE: harassment by anyone at any time will be removed immediately. Please refrain from contacting others with "hookup" intentions on meetup. This is also NOT a cybersex website. Please keep it professional, no nonsense with failed dating or conflicts within group. Members are encouraged to inform Jackie of anything inappropriate or uncomfortable situations at any time. No drama! (If members do not reach out to Jackie, the harassment may continue without the Organizer's knowledge). Such incidents will be addressed by one one-on-one conversation, email with confidentiality among anyone who reports such incidents. In regards to sports, we welcome all skill levels. To enhance belonging in JUL, all sports teams will have "JUL" before team name. Our sports events will be posted on meetup for RSVP's and specific info regarding the event. We currently have teams that play: Volleyball, Bowling, Softball in organized leagues. We only allow group members/Lesbians only on our sports teams. We also have events where we play informal sports such as basketball, flag football or softball. We do allow your kids to play with us if they are able to physically and safely play on these types informal events.
4. PROFILE PHOTOS: a picture is required on every profile, if a member does not have one posted, they will be contacted to comply. If they don't comply, they can be removed from this group. Please address any security issues with Jackie.
5. RSVP's are VERY IMPORTANT: If you RSVP, update any changes before an event begins. Once an event starts, RSVP's cannot be changed on the meetup app, except by hosts. This is how the app is designed. If you missed changing your RSVP before the event starts time, please contact hosts so they can make changes in the attendance section of the event. Members can be removed, if rules are not followed repeatedly. If you have a member account, you should not come as a guest to another member unless that member is your partner. We need to know who’s coming to events, so we can look for each other and recognize new members/vice versa. Where reservations are required, please change your RSVP, if you can’t make it. It's not right if we're waiting on you and you no show! Two no-shows, can have you removed from group! Try to put a comment in the comment section of the event or attempt to contact hosts, if unable to attend. First timers are not allowed at specific events unless vetted at a prior event. Please read the description for details of events, if it applies.
6. PICTURES: Pictures are taken at each event by host and will be uploaded to Event Albums on meetup, Tik Tok videos and our Instagram by the group admin. Members are encouraged to take pics to share as well. It is each attendees responsibility to inform those taking pics, they do not wish to be photographed at all. Please take the picture or move out of the way. Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sajustuslesbians/?utm_medium=copy_link
7. CONTACT INFO: Jackie’s phone number is 210-906-4890 for group purposes. Members are asked to provide theirs to get event info/details via Text messaging, as necessary. However, most info is listed in the description of an event. If in doubt, ask organizer thru direct message of this app. Other event hosts have the option to share their numbers, if they desire.
8. PRIVACY: Please note only JUL group members are allowed to see event info/details. For security concerns: addresses, apt numbers, etc. will only be visible to members or sent by direct message. Please read the descriptions to know about the event and expectations. If there is a fee involved with an event, please pay it timely. It can be frustrating to ask repeatedly to pay fees.
9. MEMBERS: It's a Privilege to be a part of this group. We reserve the right to remove members for disrespect & disruptive behavior not conducive to good order within the group. If any member is removed for any reason by the Organizer, they are not allowed to attend any JUL event thereafter. Present members are not allowed to bring them as their guests. If this occurs, expect to be removed from the group as well. Please no disrespect, irresponsible behaviors, causing conflicts within the group. These types of behaviors will not be tolerated!
10. WELCOMING GROUP: We welcome and introduce all new members. This is an inclusive & non-judgmental group for lesbians, all about having fun. No cliques, No favorites and no one's ever left out. We are a bunch of fun ladies bringing out the best in each other. We help each other to be our best selves. We ask questions to get to know you and we share too. This is to help provide connections with similar interests and to enhance our group. Please don't take offense, we're trying to grow our community. Please know we have the best interests of each member. We ask for your birthday date, not a year to share with to celebrate you and others during our monthly birthday event. If you're not interested, then say so. No issue! Info events are just that, not hosted, go on your own.
Ladies, If ever in doubt about why you are removed from JUL, see the 10 rules above. They truly are simple respectful rules, don't make them harder than they are by being difficult.
Event organizers are required and expected to have active events, at least once every 60 days. Event organizers are also required to ask who is new and collect membership fees, take pictures at events, upload to the event or send to Jackie for collages or videos for Instagram and TikTok, update attendees RSVPs to Not Attended and message them to remind them of rules. If you can’t comply, your event organizer status will be removed, and changed back to member only. No single event organizer owns happy hours, sporting or dinner events etc. Bottomline, we need numerous and varied events to stay active, continue to socialize and grow our strong, healthy group! Any ignoring of basic rules of the group will definitely be cause for removal of the group with no notice. No politics, religion or Hot Topics that would cause discord. Respect and adherence go both ways. See link for more specific details on hosting:
Meet your next friends, best friend, girllllllll friend, or your lesbian community in beautiful San Antonio, TX. Thank you ladies! I hope to see you soon. Jackie