• 6:00 pm – 6:15 pm: Gather, mingle, introductions
• 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm: Learn to Code Workshop
• 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Show and tell / Q&A / Group Chat
Basic knowledge of HTML and the document object model (DOM).
*Need an HTML refresher? Spend some time on our Galvanize Open Source (https://github.com/GalvanizeOpenSource/) repository.
How to Prepare:
• Bring your laptop (fully charged) and bring your charger, just in case.
• Install the Atom text editor (if you don’t have one already). Go here: https://atom.io/
• Install Google Chrome (recommended)
Meet your Instructor:
Matt Winzer - A lifelong tech enthusiast, Matt Winzer first got involved in the tech world as an entrepreneur while in college. He left school to continue his entrepreneurial pursuits, founding two small tech companies; one of which built an app called Math Evolve that gamified math drills for elementary school students.
Through these experiences, he discovered a passion for creating and began to delve into the world of coding, which led him to enroll in Galvanize's Full-Stack Web Development immersive. When he isn't writing code, he is an ardent practitioner of yoga and enjoys getting lost in the woods.