What we're about
T H E " L O L C H O I R "
LOL = Landscapes Of Latin America
As the name suggests the aim of the LOLCHOIR is to paint the Landscapes of Latin-America through the sound of its music, from Mexico to Argentina.
* WHAT? The are plenty of choirs in London but no one -that I know- focused strictly on repertoire from Latin America. There are countless wonderful songs and melodies to sing so why not?
* WHY? Singing is one of my favourite things in life and I love sharing that passion with people, it is fun, relaxing, healing, and very accessible to every one so why not? There is another aspect of the "why", and it is to create a space where people can either practice Spanish, learn it or basically get back to their roots if they are Spanish speakers but living in London there is not much space to sing in their mother tongue. Many more reasons exist, lets say we'll do it to feed our souls :).
* WHO CAN JOIN? Everyone willing to sing and have fun. Maybe you want to practise your Spanish, maybe you are learning it or simply anyone who enjoys singing :). NO AUDITION REQUIRED
The rehearsals are just a 10min walk from KING'S CROSS station at "Calthorpe Project" 258 - 274 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8LH
Harmony Sessions: "3 sessions only" to focus on a Latin American piece arranged for choir in 3-4 part harmony. The sessions will run from 7.30 - 9pm.
Dates: Wednesdays * Jan 24, 31 and Feb 7
Spring Term 2018: we'll have 11 sessions in total, including a recording session and the concert. Sessions happen from 7:30pm to 9:30pm with a 10min break in the middle.
Dates: Wednesdays * Feb 28 * March 7, 14, 21, --- * April 4, 11, 18, 25 * May 2, 9 (Rec) & Cconcert on * May 16
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
£8 Students, concessions and people with low income
£10 everyone else
If you want to save money:
* Pay the whole term in one go and save £10 * || Pay = £90
See you soon! C.