What we're about
Welcome to the London Cultureseekers Group!
If you're interested in exploring London's history & culture with other like minded people, then this is the only group you need to join! We are London's largest cultural and history group!
We meetup 2-3 times a week to explore museums, art galleries, historical buildings, go on guided walks and history talks. We also have historic treasure hunts, visit the theatre, have coffee evenings, social evenings, meals and attend classical music concerts. In the summer we also have day trips outside of the capital by train or coach to explore historical towns and walks in the countryside.
The group is very friendly, we have members from 20 to 80 years old, across all backgrounds. The group has been running for over 11 years and is a great way to meet and make new friends. Plus after events we always head to a local pub or cafe to chat.
The group charges an optional annual membership fee of £12 per person.
Benefits of paying the membership fee and becoming a Full Member include:
• Discounted entry at 13 museums & art galleries around London (view them at http://www.meetup.com/London_Cultureseekers/sponsors )
• 10% discount off any books bought at Foyles bookshops or on their website ( http://www.foyles.co.uk )
• 15% discount on joining English Heritage ( http://www.english-heritage.org.uk )
• All treasure hunts the group does will be FREE (normally £5 each)
• The 'Wren City Churches', 'Charlie Chaplin', 'Roman Wall', 'Have I Got Mews For You' and 'Shakespeare's London' Guided Walks will all be FREE (normally £5 per walk)
• All talks the group does will be FREE (normally £5 each),
• All the Blue Badge guided walks we do will be discounted by £2 a walk
• All Thames Foreshore visits will be discounted by £1 per visit
• All Coach day trips out of London will be discounted by £6 per trip
• Entry to 30-40 museums, art galleries, historical buildings and exhibitions that we visit across the year will be discounted by £2 each
Once you pay the membership fee, you will receive a membership card, go here ( http://www.meetup.com/london_cultureseekers/dues ) to pay online or you can pay cash at an event.
New people to the group can attend 2 events to see if they like it before they have to pay the membership fee. Although we don't change anything for turning up (whether you are a Full Member or not).
Have a look at the page below to see what's coming up and where we have been. Cultureseekers is a brilliant place to make friends in London whilst experiencing some of the very best areas of culture and history which the city has to offer. We keep costs low and the quality high.
Our events always go ahead, regardless of the weather. Feel free to email or text me if you have any questions or would like to suggest somewhere we can visit.
Below are some video clips of our day trips to Bath and the Seven Sisters:
Click on the 'Join Us' button below, enter your details and then RSVP Yes to any events that you would like to attend, it's that simple! All events get sent out on Friday evenings, so keep a lookout then.
When you turn up for an event, look out for the group flag (picture above) and then come over and say hello.
Hope to see you at an event soon!
Robert - 07905 901 834 (text only please) / firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @Culture_Seekers