Please join us for the Boston Winter Open 2017 at MIT on Sat, Dec 2. Players of all strengths and ages welcome!
What: 4-round tournament with up to 80 players. There will be two divisions:
Must be AGA 1d+ to play in the Open Division* and you may opt in day of the tournament. Even games with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Anyone can play in the Handicap Division. Games will be handicap - 2 with prizes for 4-0 and 3-1 records.
When: Saturday, Dec 2. Sign in 9AM - 9:45AM. Tournament start at 10AM. Expected end at ~6:30PM.
Where: MIT Stratton Student Center, 3rd Floor. Closest T stop is Kendall Square on the Red Line. Parking on Vassar Street, or refer to MIT’s parking guide (http://web.mit.edu/facilities/transportation/parking/visitors/public_parking.html).
How: Guarantee your spot by pre-registering with your name, AGA ID, and AGA rank here on meetup. A current AGA membership** is required to play. Tournament entry is $20 cash collected on day of tournament when you sign in.
* Open Division will have a maximum of 16 players. If there are more than 16 qualified players interested, the top 16 strongest players by AGA strength will be selected.
** Please make sure your AGA membership is current before the tournament! You can check your membership status HERE (http://www.usgo.org/) on the AGA website.
• AGA rules and Tournament Director's word is Law
• Time Settings: 30 minute main time with 5 byo-yomi periods of 30 sec each
• There is a food court on the 1st/2nd floor of the Student Center
• Youth Discount! Entry fee is $10 for those under 18
• Please send any questions to Neil at [masked]
• Tournament fees are used to cover cost of setup and prizes with the remainder being donated to the MGA. All organizers are volunteers, so please be extra nice to us!
Hosted by MIT. Organized by Cam Wagner + the MIT Go club, the MGA, and The Gojo.