Join us in friendly competition for prizes and glory at the first Massachusetts State Championship tournament! Players of all strengths and ages welcome.
What: 4-round tournament with up to 60 players. There will be two divisions:
* Championship Division
An open division with the top 16 AGA rated players from a MA based Go club* who will be competing for the state championship trophy and monetary prizes** for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
* Handicap Division
Anyone can play in the Handicap Division. Games will be handicap - 2 with prizes for 4-0 and 3-1 records.
When: Saturday, Dec 1. Sign in 9AM - 9:45AM. Tournament start at 10AM. Expected end at ~6:30PM.
Where: MIT Stratton Student Center, 3rd Floor. Closest T stop is Kendall Square on the Red Line. Parking on Vassar Street, or refer to MIT’s parking guide.
How: Guarantee your spot by pre-registering with your name, AGA ID, and AGA rank here on meetup. A current AGA membership*** is required to play. Tournament entry is $10 cash collected on day of tournament when you sign in.
Hosted by MIT. Organized by Annie Wagner + the MIT Go club and the MGA
* Open Division will have a maximum of 16 players. If there are more than 16 qualified players interested, the top 16 strongest players by AGA strength will be selected.
** MIT regulations prevent us from handing out cash prizes directly, but don't worry, we will help you navigate acquiring your prize.
*** Please make sure your AGA membership is current before the tournament! You can check your membership status HERE on the AGA website.
* AGA rules and Tournament Director's word is Law
* Time Settings: 30 minute main time with 5 byo-yomi periods of 30 sec each
* There is a food court on the 1st/2nd floor of the Student Center
* Please post questions here or better yet, on the MGA slack which you can get an invite to here: http://massgo.org/communication/
* Tournament fees are used to cover cost of setup and prizes with any remainder being donated to the MGA. All organizers are volunteers, so please be extra nice to us!