What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Pay on Ticketleap:
For the lowest price available, join my private VIP mailing list. Scroll down for further info.
During the pandemic lockdown, I watched a huge number of short films online. Most ranged from mediocre to truly awful. However, there were some good ones, and even the occasional "gem". At this event, we will view and discuss 5 or 6 of my favorites over Zoom.
Some that made the cut:
- a video by Australian filmmakers that I couldn't get out of my mind for days
- a horror short (not too gory) reminiscent of Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone"... but from an Islamic perspective
- a unique (if somewhat bizarre) comedy about a family whose large inheritance comes with unusual conditions
- and more!
- After paying online, please check your credit or debit card account to make sure that the transaction went through.
- RSVP without payment does NOT reserve your spot or lock in the price.
- At 2pm on September 18, (one day before), the price will go from $10 to $15 if the event has not sold out. Purchasing your spot as early as possible is recommended.
- Join my private mailing list for $5 off the above prices. If you're already on the list, use the discount code from the VIP announcement you received, or email me for one. Otherwise, you can sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/2vww2shn
- Sales end at noon on the day of the screenings.
- Zoom link will be emailed 1 to 2 hours before start time.
- Sorry, refunds and exchanges are not available unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled. If you bought a ticket but can't make it, please note that links to the featured videos will be sent to all ticket buyers (both attendees and no-shows) the next day.
- The screenings and discussion will last about two and a half to three hours.
- This event was created specifically for members of my meetup groups and private email lists, their guests, and special invitees.
Please note that the total RSVP count includes people coming from other Meetup and non-Meetup groups. It is manually updated every 12 - 48 hours and is NOT an arbitrary number. However, also remember that "no-shows" can never be accurately predicted.
See you online!