What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Amdocs is proud to host Codretreat in association with Nelkinda Software Craft
You can register for the event on: https://www.townscript.com/e/amdocs-coderetreat-444413
Attendees will only be allowed if they have registered on the mentioned link.
Imagine a day writing code just for the love of writing it beautifully! A day without the office pressures of "getting things done" … a day just focused on practising the art of writing clean, lean, modular, and test-driven code together and learning from each other. Welcome to the Coderetreat, an event where passionate programmers come together to hone their skills.
What is Coderetreat?
- Invented in 2009 by Corey Haines et al, 2019
- Retreat (noun): Time taken to reflect or meditate
- 1-Day Public Learning Event for Software Crafters
- It is a free-of-charge community event
- 4-7 sessions of 45 minutes w/ swapping pairs/mob, retrospective, and constraints
- Deliberate practice of good techniques like TDD, Pair Programming / Mob Programming, Paradigms
- Focus on getting things well and learning together (as opposed to getting things done)
This event gives you an opportunity to get out of your comfort zone, by perhaps trying to do something a way you've not tried before. For example, trying a new language or a new Programming paradigm. If you write only one line of code, but it's the best code you have ever written to date, then that is a win!
- Bring your laptop with your favourite language and IDE installed
- Code in any language of your choice
- Pair/Mob with different developers
- We will take care of lunch and snacks
Are there any prerequisites for joining this coderetreat?
Yes: You should want to join the coderetreat, and you should love programming. That's it. No matter whether you're a greenhorn or an old stager, everyone is welcome.
What programming language will be used?
Do I have to bring my own laptop?
You can bring your laptop if you like. But you don't have to. Other participants bring laptops, too, and you can pair/mob with them.
Do I have to pay for breakfast/lunch/tea break?
No, this is a coderetreat. Amdocs will take care of the food.
Do I have to pay for participation?
Of course not! It's a coderetreat!
I have already attended a previous coderetreat. Can I attend again?
Oh yes, you can! And you should! Coderetreats are like katas, they are to be repeated.
I have not attended the previous coderetreat. Can I still attend this one?
Yes, you can! Coderetreats are isolated events. You do not need the previous coderetreat or any knowledge from that to attend this one.
I have registered for coderetreat but will not be able to attend it. Do I need to cancel my registration?
Yes, so that other participants could get a chance.
I'm just a student, can I still join?
Of course, you can! Whether you're an experienced engineer or a student doesn't matter, as long as you know the fundamentals of programming and love programming.