What we're about
Be a listening ear, share your knowledge, or find collaborators for a work in progress. We are a decentralized learning group striving to maximize our diversity, perspectives, awareness and mutual understanding. All who are interested are encouraged to attend, regardless of familiarity with the topics involved. Our aim is to teach to and learn from one another, and to improve our understandings and share them more widely through presentations, spoken & written discussions, joint meetings with similar groups, and more.
- Enjoy discussions, debates, diving deep into a topic or sitting back and listening to others?
- Seeking an energetic learning environment that provides intellectual stimulation as well as a deeper understanding of concepts, terms, etc.?
- Curious about Ethical Culture, religious humanism and the like?
- Happy to share your views, experiences, knowledge and wisdom with others?
- Interested in expanding on group discussions to share ideas with a wider audience in some form?
Join us any 1st Sunday at 1:00 PM and for any additional meetings TBA. Monthly meetings are also posted on The Washington Ethical Society's calendar at https://ethicalsociety.org/blog/calendar/. Contact our group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (all members) or email@example.com (volunteers who check this inbox) for more information. Join our email list (and Google Group) to become an official member and stay up-to-date with meeting times, news, topics and to take part in discussions and planning from wherever you are.
Past meetings have been held in person and/or on Zoom. Meeting formats have included book discussions, slideshow presentations, discussions, brainstorming, board games, and more. Topics usually extend beyond academic philosophy into other disciplines. Members share the work of topic-choosing, meeting scheduling, making announcements, moderating discussions, etc. Any member can organize a meeting on any topic, in any format, for any day, time, and place of their choosing. Checking interest and availability of members can be done by email, during a meeting, by sharing a link to a poll, etc.
We look forward to having you among us!
Past events (52)
This content is available only to members