What we’re about
We want to bring together the businesses/general public interested in AI/data science and data scientists together in one room! We are all for social good - we want more informed citizens on AI/data science beyond the hype and sci-fi, and we want a world where more AI/data science is used for social good.
---- WHO SHOULD COME? ----
• Businesses/general public who are seeking AI/data science advice for social good, or interested in learning how data science can help social good.
• Data scientists interested in providing advice or educating the general public.
• Anyone interested in the topic!
---- WHAT WE WILL DO? ----
We will alternate the Meetup between two types of talks:
(1) Presentations by the businesses/general public who are seeking AI/data science advice for social good.
- PRESENTATION - first 15 minutes
a. What is the problem you are trying to solve?
b. How does the problem relate to Social Good?
c. What data do you have access to?
- DISCUSSION - rest of the hour, with data scientists in the room providing some advice.
(2) Presentations on topics beneficial to inform the general public, such as biases in AI and the danger in corporations collecting our personal data
- PRESENTATION - first 30 minutes
- DISCUSSION - rest of the hour
---- SPONSORS ----
• EquitySim (https://www.equitysim.com/)