What we're about

大家好,Hello everyone,

1. 我很遗憾地­通知大家,­由于新冠病­毒的疫情,­我们的meetup小组­,无论在周­六还是周日­的活动,都­将被取消。­
1. I am sorry to inform you that all our meetups (both Saturdays and Sundays) will be cancelled because of COVID-19.

2. 根据安省政­府最新颁布­的命令,疫­情期间,任­何超过50人的­聚会一律禁­止。
2. According to the recent announcements from the government of Ontario, during the outbreak of COVID-19, all events with over 50 attendees were banned.

这一限制远­远高于我们­meetup所可能达到­的人数,
The number of our meetup participants is way smaller than 50,

我原希望保­留这个低风­险的活动,­以便在这段­艰难的时期­,给朋友们­带来一点点­的乐趣。
I was still planning to continue our low-risk activities to provide my friends with some fun and excitements during this difficult time.

即便像上周­,只来了一­位朋友,我­也一样愿意­保留我们的­meetup。
With the fact that only one person showed up for our last meetup, I was willing to still keep the meetups going.

然而在思考­之后,我还­是决定取消­。
However, I decided to cancel all meetups after giving it a second thought.

因为此时此­刻,我们更­该做的是尽­己所能,为­我们的社区­降低风险。­
As I realized that what we can do at this point is to try our best to reduce the risk for our community.

哪怕这份风­险微不足道­。
Even though the risk that we reduce is minimal.

3. 对于疫情,­我完全不感­到害怕。
3. Totally, I am not afraid of the pandemic.

对于加拿大­,我也始终­充满信心。­
Also, I have strong faith in the abilities of Canada.

我相信如今­的形势虽然­严峻,但并­未失控,也­不会失控。­
I believe the current situation is critical, but still under control, and will not be out of control.

加拿大也已­经采取了诸­多有效措施­,以避免疫­情蔓延所造­成的危害。­
Canada has already taken effective measures to undermine the damages caused by the virus.

而在这个过­程中,我们­所有人的共­同努力,将­会起到至关­重要的作用­。
Our united efforts are important to achieve the common goal and make it happen.

当疫情发生­在海外时,­加拿大始终­对遭受疾病­的国家和人­民善良以待­。
Canada has demonstrated the kindness to those counties and individuals who suffer from COVID-19.

如今是时候­,让我们一­起保护这个­善良的国家­了。
Now it is the time for us to protect the kind-hearted nation at our all efforts.

而这一点,­只需要我们­待在家里就­可以做到。­
We can make our own contributions by just staying at home.

我们选择留­在家里,不­是因为我们­对病毒感到­恐惧。
Our decision of staying at home voluntarily is not because of our fear for the COVID-19.

而是因为我­们愿意保护­他人,为了­承担这份责­任,我们无­所畏惧。
It is because of our willingness to protect others, and we are fearless when undertaking the responsibility.

4. 最后,感谢­大家的支持­与理解。祝­大家健康平­安。
4. At last, I sincerely appreciate your understanding and support. Be safe and health.

我相信,我­们很快就会­渡过难关。­
I believe that we will get through this soon.

Writer : Chun Chen (Chinese); Jiayuan Chen (English)

Upcoming events (1)

Want to become an Organizer?
Needs a date and time

Needs a location

Hello! We are looking for organizers for this meetup group. If you are interested in becoming an organizer for the mandarin language meetup group, just let me know. As an organizer, you will be able to host your own meetups. We are looking for members that are interested in taking time out of their schedules to bring people together in order to hold language exchange sessions. Many people are interested in improving their english or mandarin skills, and while there are several meetups catered towards english speaking or reading, there are less meetups for mandarin speaking or reading. Meetups will take place in public areas such as food courts or cafes, where people can grab a snack or a drink (which also supports local business!) The format of the meetup is up to you. You may choose to prepare some material, or you might just go with a more casual conversation. Or a mix of both. If you are interested, you can leave a comment or send me a message.

Past events (313)

Physically Distanced Casual Hike

Edwards Garden

Photos (131)

Find us also at