What we’re about
The Merseyside Skeptics Society is a non-profit organisation which aims to develop and support the skeptical community on Merseyside. The society was founded in February 2009 and holds regular events in Liverpool City Centre. We also publish three podcasts, Skeptics with a K, InKredulous and Be Reasonable, as well as publishing the long running skeptical magazine The Skeptic.
Upcoming events (3)See all
- Skeptics in the Pub SocialDr Duncan's, Liverpool
Join us for good times and good conversation at Dr Duncan's in Liverpool City Centre. Don't be shy, come along and say hello! We're very friendly to people coming alone!
COVID SAFETY NOTE:
We're looking forward to seeing those of you who will join us for our social. Here are some things you could do to help look after yourself and our other attendees (if you like):
If you have access to a lateral flow test, why not take a test before you join us? If it's positive for COVID-19, please stay at home.
If you have new symptoms of COVID-19, even if a lateral flow test is negative - we'd prefer you stay at home. We'll have other social events in the future that you can join in when you're feeling better. (And remember that the symptoms of COVID-19 can look a lot like a standard cold!)
Please be respectful of other people's boundaries. Give each other plenty of space and be considerate. If you need to cough or sneeze, cough into your elbow or a tissue and throw the tissue away before sanitising your hands.
- Merseyside Skeptics Christmas PartyTempest on Tithebarn, Liverpool
Celebrate Christmas Skeptically -- by partying with your friends! Merseyside Skeptics are having their annual Christmas Party at the Tempest on Tithebarn Street in Liverpool.
There will be light bites so please register your attendance so we have an idea of numbers for the catering.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, following the success of the last three year's Secret Santa, we've decided to run it again, so the rules are:
- If you want to get involved bring one wrapped gift, preferably a gag gift such as an old book you no longer want, a present you got last year and don't know what to do with or, if you're really stuck, a tin of sardines. Don't bring something fancy because chances are, you'll get something naff in return.
- Hand over your lovingly selected and beautifully wrapped gift over to Kat Ford, who will give you a raffle ticket in exchange.
- Towards the end of the night Kat will call out ticket numbers and hand you a gift. (She has a system to make sure you won't end up with your own gift, it doesn't involve tumble dryers or an infinite number of photocopiers, but it does work. Don't worry about it).
- Unwrap and enjoy your wonderful gift which you will undoubtedly treasure forever, or five minutes, or not at all. Whatever. It's the thought that counts.
- March Megamix!The Casa, Liverpool
Join us for another of our annual multiple speaker events, featuring some people you may have heard talk before (about different subjects), some you will have never heard speak.
We don't have any confirmed speakers yet, in fact we're looking for some! If you have a topic you would like to talk about, please speak to us at one of our socials or talks, or e-mail us at email@example.com