Cultivate a lifelong friendship with yourself!
In our society, we’re taught that being hard on ourselves is the route to success. We rarely think about showing ourselves kindness.
How do you typically react to life difficulties or to your own mistakes and imperfections? If you are highly self-critical, what are the consequences of being so hard on you?
Latest studies in psychology and neuroscience are revealing that self-compassion is the ground of all emotional healing. Self-criticism only sabotages us and produces a variety of negative consequences. When we respond compassionate to our own imperfections – without judgment or self-blame – we make essential steps on the path to healing and genuine happiness.
Topics to be addressed:
• Self-compassion definition and research data;
• The difference between self-compassion and self-pity or self-indulgence;
• Learning to treat yourself with the same kindness, caring and compassion you would show to a good friend;
• Meditative practices on self-compassion and loving-kindness;
• Practical techniques on cultivating self-compassion in your daily life;
• Sharing and questions.
Schedule: 15th of December, from 3.00 – 7.00pm (please be punctual)
Venue: Lotus praxis / gesundheitspraxis enge, alfred-escherstrasse 36, 8002 Zurich. Chairs, cushions, mats are available.
More details: http://www.themindfulbrain.net
Go to Attendee List