What we're about
We are a friendly and sociable English conversation group.
Foreigners with all levels of English are welcome! :)
Monty English Language School was started in 2007 by Jon Edwards and Christopher Lawson. We are sponsoring this group because Monty MeetUps aim to improve your listening, speaking and fluency skills. You will learn new vocabulary, idioms and expressions. A chance to relax, unwind, enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and make some new friends and most of all improve your language skills.
We would also like to invite native speakers (who can come for free!) This group is a great opportunity to meet interesting people from all over the world and enjoy a cultural exchange and perhaps give a bit of a helping hand!
Three different topics are chosen each week and people are divided small groups (3-5 people) with everyone having a similar level. There is always a teacher and occasionally another native speaker on hand to help out with error correction and new vocabulary.
Find more about us and our lessons One-to-One, Mini-Group lessons, Online lessons by Skype, Exam Preparation and Business English
visiting www.montyenglish.co.uk (http://www.montyenglish.co.uk/)
or contact Jon at 07771 561 576
Join us on Facebook Monty MeetUp Group and enjoy social events!!
What the English conversation group IS:
• Great for you if you don't get much chance to practise your conversation skills.
• Taught by a CELTA-qualified teacher.
• A good opportunity to meet English native speakers who can help you with your language skills.
• This group is for every level from beginners to advanced.
What it's NOT:
• A language exchange evening where students swap language knowledge.
• Simply a chat with someone from a different country; it is a structured 1h30 of English conversation.
• Only English conversation but it is a chance to socialise in an informal environment after the lesson and with our events organised by the group.
• An English course with books, grammar exercises, etc.
• Boring and formal!
Add to Skype