• Free pizza, beer & drinks, swag and lots of fun!
• Maksim Sobolevskiy, Product Manager, JetBrains
• A Database Month event http://www.DBMonth.com/database/ide
In this presentation, Max is going to explain how to use a multi-engine database IDE environment.
We will cover the basics including how to write simple queries faster, as well as more advanced topics like utilizing multiple cursors, working with version control, bulk data submit and generating ORM-classes.
The techniques covered will work in Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, AWS Redshift and many other databases.
In this action-packed presentation, we will cover:
• Writing queries using a powerful IntelliJ-based editor for various types of code completion, expanding wildcards, code snippets and subqueries.
• Using a data editor for bulk submit, editable result-sets, multiple submit and transposing data.
• Importing and exporting data between different types/brands of databases using CSV, JSON, XML or as SQL using UPDATES and INSERTS.
• How to search for database objects, data chunks, SQL code and files.
• Using advanced utilities including a diff tool, generating ORM-classes, transaction control and more.
••• Maksim Sobolevskiy, Product Manager, JetBrains •••
Maksim has been working at JetBrains since 2015. He is originally from Tashkent, Uzbekistan and has been living in St. Petersburg, Russia since 2010.
Prior to JetBrains, Maksim spent 10-years working as a SQL Developer at various organizations including the National Bank of Uzbekistan, the Foundation Source charity and the Soyuz furniture manufacturer.
• Swag giveaway + food/drinks at 6:30pm
• Power-Networking at 6:35pm
• Presentation starts at 6:40pm
Help a foster-kid who is without parents and needs you - they have no one else - learn how at https://www.TechieYouth.org