• Free fun-food, beer, swag and more!
• Aaron Stockton, Principal Software Engineer, Oracle Data Cloud
• A Database Month event http://www.DBMonth.com/database/oracle-data-cloud
Join this informative session to hear from Oracle Data Cloud's Principal Software Engineer discuss his team's use cases for a redesigned streaming system, along with the challenges encountered while prototyping various data stores to meet their needs and the client-side changes that ultimately made the project a success.
Come learn from this Oracle team:
• How they rebuilt their batch workflow with an innovative approach to streaming with Spark, Akka and Google Go
• Why they migrated from Apache Cassandra to Scylla
• What happens when you query wide rows at high throughput
• How they saved loads of $$$ by NOT using Redis
Oracle Data Cloud is a leading data-as-a-service (DaaS) offering that helps advertisers connect with the right customer, personalize every interaction and measure the effectiveness of each engagement. However, increasing runtime, costs and instability were causing some of the Fulfillment Team's legacy batch jobs to become an operational burden.
Come and learn how they solved these challenges at this information-packed session presented by Oracle Data Cloud's Principal Software Engineer, Aaron Stockton, and accompanied by Glauber Costa, Scylla NoSQL Database Architect.
••• Aaron Stockton, Principal Software Engineer, Oracle Data Cloud •••
Aaron Stockton is a Principal Software Engineer with Oracle Data Cloud. In his current role, Aaron is building batch and streaming solutions in order to deliver ODC's data to various partners via the integration points they define. With a passion for solving difficult problems, he has found plenty of them in his current capacity working with various distributed systems for use cases requiring low latency responses, high throughput streaming applications as well as a combination of the two.
Aaron has also recently begun his adventure into the Google Go programming language, and is always on the lookout for projects suitable to use Go.
••• Glauber Costa, Principal Architect, ScyllaDB •••
Glauber shares his time between the engineering department working on upcoming Scylla features and helping customers succeed. Before ScyllaDB, Glauber worked with Virtualization in the Linux Kernel for 10 years, with contributions ranging from the Xen Hypervisor to all sorts of guest functionality and containers.
• Swag giveaway + food/drinks at 6:30pm
• Power-Networking at 6:35pm
• Presentation starts at 6:40pm
Help a foster-kid who is without parents and needs you - they have no one else! Learn how now at https://www.TechieYouth.org