What we're about
The front-end isn’t dead. Neither is it the static content place you perceive it is (if you still do). It has never been more powerful as it is today. The little attention you give it now will stir up positively great wonders for you as a developer or tech enthusiast.
Let’s begin with the release of HTTP version 2. A much faster internet for the web. Not to mention all of the Web APIs that have been released even since HTML5 was released. And recently the introduction of new web APIs being worked on by Google together with Mozilla, Opera, and Samsung cumulatively known as Progressive Web Apps. (https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/getting-started/your-first-progressive-web-app/)
Meetup topics include(but not limited to):
• HTML5 Web APIS eg. geolocation, web sockets
• Progressive Web Apps APIs such as the service workers, cache API, background sync API etc.
• Task automation with Gulp, Grunt or Webpack
• Front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember, Vuejs
• Google App Engine (deploying your apps)
• NoSQL databases eg MongoDB or Google Cloud DataStore
• Working with SQL based databases using NodeJS
• HTML/CSS lessons, tips and tricks eg using Bootstrap for fast UI development
• Using Firebase as your realtime NoSQL database
• The state of web development in each year ...etc.
It's recommended you come with your laptop(we sometimes have workshops), a selfie capable phone and some clothes on (hopefully cool ones) :D.
Of course, all our meetups are free to attend and no marketing or sales pitches are permitted.
Other channels we e-meet up all the time:
We have thriving online channels namely Slack, Telegram and WhatsApp channel/groups:
• Slack: http://bit.ly/slack-nbi-js (self-invite; email verification)
• Telegram: https://telegram.me/nairobijs (auto-invite and addition)
• WhatsApp: https://chat.whatsapp.com/invite/FMh5DK9gXkd2tZTxoxwxPG (auto-invite and addition)
We look forward to hearing from you, and to seeing you at all upcoming event.
Feel free to holla at me on twitter: @kn9ts
Or poke around my GitHub repo - same alias :)