What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
Our third YugabyteDB Friday Tech Talk (YFTT) takes place on LinkedIn Live, Friday 21st Jan at 9:30am PT.
This session will be hosted by Yugabyte co-founder Kannan Muthukkaruppan, who will discuss automatic sharding and the various sharding strategies available in YugabyteDB with Bogdan Matican, Yugabyte founding engineer.
We hope you are finding these tech talks useful so far. If there is a specific topic around distributed SQL and YugabyteDB that you would like addressed, please let us know.
Please register here: https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6887490165909127168/
Early Edge Computing was mostly about aggregating and forwarding data from sensors - smart meters and smart networks being classic examples. But the growth of mobile IoT and devices that aren't just data collection sensors but also run applications opens up many, many more use cases.
The next of our series of tech roundtables drills down on the challenges of exploding Edge Computing:
* Where is the data going to and coming from?
* Does this mean having data close to the consumer to improve
* Can a large monolithic database meet this distributed need?
* Can data be replicated only where it’s needed rather than all the data
* How will the scaling of connected devices & burgeoning services be
met at the Edge?
Note: This is a LinkedIn Live Event. Please register and join the event here: https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6877214951631589376/