What we’re about
- This group is NOT about finding a significant other, it's about finding others who are significant.
- Quick Note: This MeetUp group is part of a larger NextDoor group with 500 members. So if 5 people are attending, it could be 35!
- Here's the deal: you are retired, or near retirement. You are single. You don't know many other single people. You've tried online dating, and it was weird. You know what would make your life better? How about some new FRIENDS! No wait: how about some new BEST FRIENDS?
- Come to our get togethers! The first time will be hardest of course, but you'll meet some people (who are like you!) and the NEXT time, you'll know them a little. By the TENTH happy hour, you'll have new friends. I promise! This group has actually created a bunch of new, BEST FRIENDS, all based on our happy hours! But you have to come, and come back! It's a WONDER!
- I offer a money back guarantee! Even though being a part of this group is FREE!
- This group is about meeting people to HANG OUT WITH, and does NOT focus on DATING! Go to Match or Tinder is you want to date. We want to meet folks and make friends. And drink responsibly.
- This Meet Up Group is an add-on to a NextDoor 50+ Singles Group of Newport Beach. We normally get between 20-30 people from NextDoor, and are hoping to see about 45 people, the maximum that the venue can have.
- The Single 50+ Group of the Greater Newport Beach area was created to help Single folks expand their social network: to meet new people, to make new friends
- Age range is from the 50's and up with no limit.
- This is not about DATING, this is about FRIENDSHIP and meeting new people.
- Meet people to walk with, to hang out with!
- Come expand your social network!
- Plus it's FREE! HOWEVER, BECAUSE WE ARE A CHALLENGE TO THE RESTAURANT AND THE WORKERS, PLEASE TIP YOUR SERVER GENEROUSLY REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU GET! WE WANT TO BE WELCOME TO THESE VENUES!
- As leader of the group, I've met dozens of wonderful people, and folks tell me that these Happy Hours have changed their lives for the better!
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Karaoke Night at THE PORT RESTAURANT Corona del MarPort Restaurant and Bar, Corona Del Mar, CA
How fun is this group? Check this bad video from a recent event... The singer is a local professional, the back-up singers are from our group.... https://youtu.be/5_gp1HTeQX0
Karaoke nights are really fun. You don't have to sing, but the singers give you something to talk about at your table: you can reminisce about old songs and so on. This is a great way to meet people in our group, and those attending are typically youthful and spirited! I mean look at the accompanying picture! In addition, parking is easy, no cover charge (though you should tip the DJ) and the Port Restaurant is unique as well. Come join us!
- PHILOSOPHY DISCUSSION GROUP FOR SENIORSOASIS Senior Citizen Center, Corona Del Mar, CA
OKAY OKAY. This isn't a single's thing per se. This is a discussion group for seniors. Here's the scoop. When you are a senior, lots of weird and strange things happen and it's a great time to think about WHAT IT ALL MEANS.
In this discussion group, we will discuss a variety of philosophy topics, and try to understand how they affect our lives.
This will be low key: lots of talking, not much lecturing, and the concepts will be made easy. It will be FUN! I promise or your money back! Except it's free anyway!
There WILL be single seniors there, but also non-singles. We'll talk about cool things like Plato's allegory of the cave, the Myth of Sisyphus, and ALL SORTS of topics. Ovens will be available so we can BAKE OUR OWN PHILOSOPHY! I mean, conceptually.
- FREE Yoga at the Bluffs2490 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach, CA
MEET PEOPLE AND STRETCH WITH THEM. OR STRETCH WITH PEOPLE THEN MEET THEM. THEN GO SHOPPING AT RALPH'S WHICH IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! THINK OF HOW GOOD YOU'LL FEEL SHOPPING AFTER DOING YOGA! YOU WILL GLIDE DOWN THE ISLES, INSPECTING ITEMS TO PURCHASE WITH A NEW ENHANCED FOCUS! YOU'LL CHECK FOR HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP! YOU'LL CONSIDER UPGRADING TO THOSE DARNED ORGANIC VEGETABLES! ALL BECAUSE OF YOGA AND YOUR NEW PERSPECTIVE ON LIFE, THANKS TO JANET OF GREATER EAST BLUFF!
Warning: use your cell phone to find this location! It's in a small parking lot BEHIND a big parking lot!
THIS CLASS MEETS MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS. TO MINIMIZE YOUR EMAIL, I ONLY ADVERTISE MONDAYS!
This is a FREE yoga class run by one of our singles. You don't even need a matt! It's provided! Just come dressed in loose comfortable clothing... The class includes non-singles, but we can deal with that, right? Here's the info....
Class dates and times are every Monday and Wednesday
from 10 am – 11:15 am
2490 Vista Del Oro
Course 1 – Healthy Spine, Healthy Life
Because your spine is the core of your anatomy, we will begin there. The stability and flexibility of your spine sustain your physical, mental, and emotional health.
This first course includes practices to improve the strength, balance, and alignment of your spine. In this series, we will explore practices that focus on the six directional movements of the spine (extension, forward bending, backward bending, lateral flexion, rotation, and inversion).
You will gain postural stability, improve spinal alignment, decrease back pain, and better understand the anatomy of your axial skeleton (the 80 bones within your body core: cranial and facial bones, neck, vertebrae, sacrum, and tailbone, sternum, and ribs).
Course 2 – Remove Imbalances and Create Functional Movement
We will explore practices for your hips, pelvis, knees, back, neck, and shoulders working with your muscles and appendicular skeleton (the upper and lower extremities including your shoulder girdle and pelvis.).
Course 3 – The Door In
We will restore and improve balance in your nervous system using breath-focused asana and pranayama to reduce stress, improve sleep, and increase resiliency and vitality. We will improve the health of your internal organs, strengthen your cardiovascular system, respiratory system, nervous system, immune system, digestive system, eliminatory system, and hormonal and endocrine systems. Pranayama also helps with emotional balance and mental focus.
Course 4 – Tantric Practices and Laya Yoga
We will connect with sources of happiness and joy using visualization, mantra, movement, and meditation.
Each course will include specific practices to use as a mirror to help you discover yourself. The knowledge you gain will help you increase more ease in movement, and increase overall wellness for a more productive and vibrant life.
Please consider joining your friends and neighbors as we journey forward.
Please email me if you have any questions or comments.
Looking forward to continuing our journey together towards more health, balance, happiness, and joy.
- George Fryer Combo LIVE at the PORT RESTAURANTPort Restaurant and Bar, Corona Del Mar, CA
The George Fryer Combo is low key and awesome, flexible and worth hearing!
BTW: this notice is sent to 550 people in our NextDoor group: so even though nobody may be coming from MeetUp, we may have 8-12 people coming from NextDoor! So come and meet folks!
12 years running George Fryer, the Clatch, and special guests playing acoustic responsibly distanced at the Open Patio of Port Restaurant in Corona del Mar every Wednesday 7 pm-11 pm, great food, cocktails, and guitars!!!
Remember, if you don't come to this event, you'll stay home and watch television. By yourself. In your pajamas. Columbo reruns. Here, you'll witness good music and meet new people! Can I get a witness?
Check out people's shoes! See what I mean? You can't BUY this entertainment. I mean you could. If you were rich. But you can't pick your friends nose. That old joke.