What we’re about
¡¡¡Go to www.NiceGuyDiscord.com and join us on Discord to connect now!!!
This is an Adult Support group that originated in the DC, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) but has expanded to go virtual. We will focus on the topics and breaking free activities of "No More Mr. Nice Guy", by Dr. Robert Glover, here's a link to it on Amazon - (http://a.co/gUNK4uB) It is important to have read or be reading the book in order to get the most value from this group. If you haven't read the book and are on the fence on whether you are a "nice guy", read this excerpt below:
Who is a Nice Guy?
- He is the relative who lets his wife run the show.
- He is the friend who will do anything for anybody, but whose own life seems to be in shambles.
- He is the guy who frustrates his wife because he is so afraid of conflict that nothing ever gets resolved.
- He is the boss who tells one person what they want to hear, then reverses himself to please someone else.
- He is the man who lets people walk all over him because he doesn't want to rock the boat.
- He is the dependable guy at work who will never say “no,” but would never tell anyone if they were imposing on him.
- He is the man whose life seems so under control, until BOOM, one day he does something to destroy it all.
Characteristics of Nice Guys
- Nice guys seek the approval of others.
- Nice guys try to hide their perceived flaws and mistakes.
- Nice guys put other people's needs and wants before their own.
- Nice guys sacrifice their personal power and often play the role of a victim.
- Nice guys tend to be disconnected from other men and from their own masculine energy.
- Nice guys co-create relationships that are less than satisfying.
- Nice guys create situations in which they do not have very much good sex.
- Nice guys frequently fail to live up to their full potential.
*** Being a "Nice guy" is NOT a good thing. I hope you can see that "Nice guys finish last" is actually true based off the traits that you have read. This is coming from a recovering "Nice guy" who has encountered many unsatisfactory relationships, resentment towards others, lack of confidence being who I really am around others. While reading this book, my mindset and core beliefs started to get shaken up for the better which is why I created this group.
The goal for this Meetup is to better our lives by sharing our responses to the Breaking Free Activities and learning from each others experiences in order to stop being "Nice guys" and become integrated. "Being integrated" means being able to accept all aspects of one's self. An integrated man is able to embrace everything that makes him uniquely male: his power, his assertiveness, his courage, and his passion as well as his imperfections, his mistakes, and his dark side.
Don't let being a "Nice guy" take way the life that you are supposed to live. Through support and community, we can work together so we can finally say "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and mean it!