What we're about
Our Big Purpose
Do you have multiple unfinished books, book ideas, written work projects, or courses you've wished to get off the ground for years? Are you alert enough at 6:00 am to put in 75 minutes of concentrated work Would you appreciate a nonjudgmental group to work virtually by your side and cheer on your successes? If yes, this early morning Zoom writers group for procrastinators is for you.
About the Host
I'm a New York City-based marketing and business consultant for Wall Street. I'm also a 9/11 breast cancer survivor and single mother. When I was diagnosed with cancer in 2018, I wanted most just to raise my daughter through high school. To finish the job I started with my precious girl.
I also wanted to finish multiple books, both business and personal. The best news is that I kicked cancer's butt, and I'm obviously still here. The great news is that my daughter is starting senior year in the fall. The pitiful news is that I've started multiple books over the years - but finished exactly zero.
So, I'm forming this group for those who have so much they want to put down on paper but have a hard time getting across the finish line.
The following are welcome:
- Novice, expert, fiction and non-fiction writers
- Published and unpublished authors
- Those who are serious about putting in consistent writing work
- Those who want to finish a book or multiple books
- If you can join us at 6:00 am and not go back to sleep before 7:30 am
Format and rules of engagement:
- In order to maintain a safe space for all members, you must agree to appear on your WEBCAM
- We RECORD the first and last 10 minutes on Zoom when our writers are sharing tips, resources, lessons learned, and their work. We share those recordings with attendees
- We have a private invitation-only NYC Early Morn Writers' community portal with extensive writing resources and advice. Once you attend meetings, you will be invited to join that site
- To attend any session, you MUST first apply to join our group and RSVP for sessions
- Include your first name, and a profile photo of yourself, and fully answer the questions
- To ensure session spots for our already super-consistent writers in our new group, we will be capping daily RSVPs and closing out registration when we reach the limit.
- Multiple no-shows and long-term inactivity (90 days) members will be removed from the group
- We highly suggest if you intend to attend, please register asap. You'll receive the recurring Zoom link after you register.
- If for any reason you cannot attend a session you've registered for, please release the spot for those who may be on a waiting list
- Show up on time and if you're late for any reason, please mute yourself
- Stay on camera for the duration of the session
- We meet from 6:00 am -7:30 am every weekday
- Our group is a safe zone for your writing. We highly encourage a supportive, non-judgmental, diverse, and generous/sharing environment.
Best, Antoinette R.