What we're about
Do you have multiple unfinished books, book ideas, written work projects, or courses you've wished to get off the ground for years? Are you alert enough at 6:00 am to put in 75 minutes of concentrated writing? Would you appreciate a nonjudgmental group to work virtually by your side and cheer on your successes? If yes, this early morning Zoom writers group for procrastinators is for you.
I'm a New York City-based marketing and business consultant for Wall Street. I'm also a 9/11 breast cancer survivor and single mother. When I was diagnosed with cancer in 2018, I wanted most just to raise my daughter through high school. To finish the job, I started with my precious girl. I also wanted to finish multiple books, both business and personal. The best news is that I kicked cancer's butt, and I'm obviously still here. The great news is that my daughter is starting senior year in the fall. The pitiful news is that I've started multiple books over the years - but finished exactly zero.
So, I'm forming this group for those who have so much they want to put down on paper but have a hard time getting across the finish line.
The following are welcome:
- Novice, expert, fiction and non-fiction writers
- Published and unpublished authors
- Those who are serious about putting in consistent writing work
- Those who want to finish a book or multiple books
- If you can join us at 6:00 am and not go back to sleep before 7:30 am
Format and rules of engagement:
- *To ensure spots for already wonderfully consistent writers in our new group, I will be capping daily RSVPs. If you intend to attend, please register asap and I'll do my best to accommodate you*
- You must first register to join our group including your name, and photo, and answer the three questions. Thanks a lot, prior Zoom bombers!
- To protect our group, I will be approving all new members.
- If you are not an approved member or pre-registered for our session, you will not be allowed to join our meeting.
- Show up on time and if you're late for any reason, mute yourself
- Chat with the group on Zoom for the first 10 minutes
- Tell us what you're working on and what you hope to accomplish during the session
- Keep webcam on and mute audio during writing time
- Start writing at 6:10 EST am sharp
- Writing stops @ 7:25 EST
- 7:25 - 7:30 am - Let us know what you accomplished during your writing sessions (new words, editing progress, or your chosen metric)
- Encourage others
- No judgment zone
- We will not be critiquing each other's work!