What we're about
Here's what separates this group from many others:
• Chill, positive attitudes.
• No tolerance for aggressive behavior or for complaining about other people's play.
• Excellent equipment: good balls; square, sturdy goals (not flimsy, circular pop-ups).
• Freshly laundered, adult-size, pillowy soft bibs.
• We won't ever over-crowd a game. The size of pitch we use is best suited for 7v7. We're happy to make the pitch smaller if numbers are low. We'll sometimes make it bigger to accommodate more people. But we prefer 7v7... not 10v10.
• The small fee we ask of each player (at least $3 per session) supports a great program that the Soccer Project has worked with since 2011: The Wishi Project (http://www.wishi.org).
We first helped The Wishi Project to construct part of a new school for a remote, rainforest village (Wishi) in Ecuador. Then we helped staff the school and supply it with such crucial resources as books and electricity. Soon thereafter, we contributed funds and our knowhow to the construction of an all-season soccer field at the school. This year (2018), we will be helping the village build a bridge that connects the community more safely to the school's locale. Your player-fees, this year, will go directly to Wishi for the building of this bridge.
Also, you have the opportunity to volunteer in Wishi this year, to help build this bridge. And while you're there, we'll be organizing a soccer tournament in which you can play!
# # #
Please remember to RSVP (and to change your RSVP if your plans change). If you sign up and don't show up (thereby causing the game to have uneven numbers, or worse - making it so that there aren't enough people for a game), then you'll be swiftly shown the exit!
And PLEASE TAKE NOTE: If you like to moan and wine at others because you don't think they've made a good enough pass, this isn't the game for you. This game is for those who want a positive, welcoming experience!
Hope to see you out there soon!