Extending the Nested-Object Matrix: Show and Tell
The Nested-Object Matrix (the NOM) is one of the most powerful tools in the OOUX arsenal. During this event, we will give a short overview of the "classic" NOM (and show you where the idea came from)...and then we will go off the beaten path to show you how you can use this framework to map the relationships between just about anything.
We will show how we've used NOMs (and OOUX in general) for...
- 🧙♂️ Fiction-writing, mapping characters, places, and important storyline objects.
- 🍎 Service design, mapping touchpoints to create a system of systems
- 🏠 Home renovation projects to create an order of operations
- 🧠 Mental health and inner work
- ✍️ Marketing and content strategy
- 🎲 Game design
- 🤝 Redesigning an Org Chart
The more you practice OOUX and the ORCA Process, the more you start to see how it can be used outside of UX, even outside of product design.
Do you have an interesting application of the Nested-Object Matrix? Let us know in the comments and we will try and get you on the schedule to show how you are using this powerful tool.