What we’re about
Established in 1994, O4SR is an educational nonprofit formed to promote science and reason. We seek to develop rational thought and action through the application of scientific methods and critical thinking.
• Educate the public with outreach activities and free public lectures.
• Facilitate social contacts among scientific skeptics by hosting regular social gatherings.
• Spread critical thinking skills and a science-based worldview.
If you are still looking for intelligent life on Earth, check us out.
• Examine testable pseudoscientific and paranormal claims.
• Serve as a skeptical resource on questionable claims and science/pseudoscience for local/regional media.
• Interact with other skeptics and scientific skeptic groups globally through e-mail and website contacts.
For more information, visit our website:
The geographic center for O4SR is Salem so we can capture a large region of Oregon using Meetup, which allows searches up to 100 miles away from your location...
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- First Sunday Skeptics in the Pub Virtual Meet-upLink visible for attendees
Join Oregonians for Science and Reason (O4SR), and their guests for beer and conversation. We meet monthly on the first Sunday of the month. As other local Skeptics in the Pub groups have begun to meet in person again, the First Sunday Skeptics in the Pub, will remain virtual. Those who have joined us from out of the area or are unable to meet in person are welcome to join us online here.
Promote critical thinking. Drink beer. Smash pseudoscience. See you there!
- First Sunday of the Month Virtual MeetupLink visible for attendees
If you are not ready to join us in person at the pub, live out of town or just want to hangout, Oregonians for Science and Reason Skeptics in the Pub continues to meet virtually once a month on the first Sunday of the month. Join us for conversation.
- Second Sunday Skeptics in the PubMcMenamins East 19th Street Café, Eugene, OR
We are returning to in-person Skeptics in the Pub meetups! Plan to meet us at McMenamins on Agate and 19th Street in Eugene. Join us for a beer or drink of your choice, a snack and discussions on wide-ranging topics relating to science, pseudoscience and critical thinking. Conversations are informal and interesting.
Please stay home if you or anyone in your household is sick. We still make a science-based effort to avoid spreading Covid, the flu or other respiratory viruses. Let's look out for one another.
If you have enjoyed our virtual Skeptics in the Pub events, you can join us online on the first Sundays of the month at 5 PM in our Zoom room.
- Last Sunday of the month Skeptics in the Pub - PortlandLink visible for attendees
Are you interested in discussing topics from a skeptical/science minded viewpoint? Join O4SR and Portland Skeptics in the Pub
for our regularly scheduled meetup on the last Sunday of the month. Prior to Covid-19, we pub hopped to different locations around Portland. For now, we will continue to meet on Zoom.
Grab a beer, your snack of choice, and click the Zoom link.
Join the conversation at Portland Skeptics in the Pub on Facebook.