What we're about
If you own a kayak, paddleboard or canoe, join PADDLE KC Kansas City paddling club! Local Kansas City area paddling, skills and safety training, weekend and longer trips, and FUN every month!
Why Join Paddle KC Paddling Club?
- You’ll enjoy fun paddling activities and adventures
- Explore many local Kansas City area paddling spots in your kayak, SUP or canoe
- Visit rivers, parks and paddling "bucket list" destinations on weekend and longer trips
- Learn beginner to advanced skills and tips
- Attend events a few times a year, or a few times a month - lots of options to fit your schedule
- Grow friendships with nice people who love staying active outdoors
YOU MUST OWN a kayak, SUP or canoe to join this paddling club. No rentals.
Paddle KC is an ACA Paddle America Club using the Meetup platform to manage frequent events. We are not a standard "Meetup group" so be sure to read this group description and also event descriptions.
We’re a friendly, diverse, inclusive group of people who kayak, standup paddleboard or canoe, and who enjoy staying active outdoors. Members are single and married men and women of all ages and backgrounds. Kids and dogs are welcome at most events. We walk our talk of following paddlesport recommended practices, including wearing life jackets while paddling. Our Organizer and many Event Hosts have completed skills and safety training.
Membership is only $20 a year for an individual or family (spouses and kids). You receive a 30 day trial membership to check out our paddling club. This fee helps us cover the many costs of running this active volunteer group, and filters in those who value the amazing variety and quality of activities, information, and learning opportunities we provide. The membership fee is non-refundable.
To add a family member to your membership, put their name(s) in your Paddle KC group profile Question #3 ("Family memb?"). The Meetup site doesn't offer an automated family membership option so we use this (clunky) workaround for now.
Membership benefits are based on participation, so RSVP for an event after you join the group. If you don't see a paddling activity of interest that works with your schedule, suggest one!
Examples of activities:
• Kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, canoeing. Sometimes planned in advance, sometimes last-minute invitations. Some casual social paddles, some endurance paddles of 20-some miles or multiple days, and occasional whitewater runs.
• Skills and safety training provided during events as well as classes.
• Day, weekend, or longer paddling trips to local places, state parks, national parks, or interesting destinations.
• Occasional social events like happy hours, game nights and visits to local attractions.
• Unique trips and local activities created just for our group of paddling friends. If you are the adventurous sort, you'll love this group! Nothing crazy or unsafe, but very cool activities.
• A few of our annual and recurring events: Fireworks On The Water, Kayaking Games Day, Demo Days, Skills Clinics, Full Moon and Night Paddles, Underground Kayaking, Dog Paddles, Missouri River trips, Ozark River Trips, Oktoberfest Mo River Hop.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
We have simple and reasonable guidelines for all PADDLE KC members. These "rules" help ensure a great experience for you and also our volunteers who plan and host activities that we all enjoy.
1) Read and follow group and event instructions. It's your responsibility to read and follow event instructions, including any specific requirements.
2) Post a CLOSEUP photo of your face and use your real first name (or what you go by in real life) on your PADDLE KC profile enabling other members to easily recognize you. We're a friendly group and recognizable photos and real names are important. NO fake names, group shots, covered face, stylized photo filters, vertical cropping where only the top of your head shows, or distant photos that don't clearly show your face. If you don't want to be recognized or object to providing a clear photo showing your face or your real first name, this is not the group for you. If you have trouble adding a photo using your phone, try on a pc browser.
3) Manage your RSVPs to avoid frequent no-shows and frequent last-minute changes to No. Be considerate and respectful to other members, volunteer event hosts, community partners, and venues who are impacted by no-shows or last-minute RSVP changes. If you do change your Yes RSVP to No frequently, or no-show (RSVP Yes but don’t show up) frequently, or RSVP for multiple events that occur at the same time, you will be removed from Paddle KC. You are also responsible for your guests' RSVPs, so encourage them to join the group so you aren't impacted by their RSVP changes or no-shows.
4) Participate. This group is for active paddlers who get together to share paddling experiences. We host events all year, and had 170 events to choose from in 2021. Sign up and show up! You'll have a great time!
5) Be considerate and nice to members, hosts and venues. We are a friendly, welcoming bunch and treat others well. We welcome diversity and those who participate in a positive way. Negative or disruptive influences will be removed.
6) Do not sell at or promote at members. We are here to socialize and enjoy time on the water with PADDLE KC members. No sales pitches or promoting products, services, events, or other Meetup groups without approval of the group Organizer. If you show up just to plug outside activities or groups, you'll be removed. Just show up and have a good time. If you do have a product or service that you believe will benefit members, contact the Organizer.
These simple, common-sense guidelines are based on many years of experience in coordinating group events, and help ensure a great experience for all of us.
I look forward to seeing you on the water soon. Let's have a good time!
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (802)
This content is available only to members