Please read this entire section BEFORE applying for membership.We do *NOT* consider requests for membership with single word or single phrase answers.
Polyamory literally means "multiple love". People who practice polyamory are usually engaged in multiple, loving, committed relationships at the same time that are all open and honest. Everyone in the relationship knows about other partners. It's not about cheating. And while we are a sex positive community and many of us enjoy active sex lives, this group is not a swingers group. We do have socials to meet other people, often to discuss issues and areas of growth in polyamorous relationships.
Membership in this group is open to anyone curious, interested or engaged in polyamory. You do not have to be practicing an open relationship in order to qualify for membership. We do ask that you speak and behave with respect towards polyamory as it's an important aspect to most of our lives. Since we are a group of strangers coming together for support and social events, we ask that you wait to meet other members in-person before contacting them directly. In our community, no means no, yes means yes and wait means wait. We expect everyone’s boundaries to be respected.
Our community's core values are:
• We value an atmosphere of open-minded, judgment-free, respectful communication and discussion
• Our intended community embraces open and honest relationships expressed with integrity and mindfulness.
• This is a safe place to grow: It’s okay to think out loud and make mistakes
• People who are poly friendly and poly curious are welcome in our community – one does not have to be practicing polyamory to attend events
• We are BEings in a vibrant and diverse community
• Not all members are “out” in their larger community, please be respectful of their privacy
We are a vibrant community with several on-going monthly events that stretch the boundaries of the Greater Philadelphia area and even a bit beyond. We have a regular South Jersey meetup. We have a regular Western Philly Suburbs Meetup in Paoli. We also have a regular meetup in Philadelphia. We have a regular monthly meetup in BuxMont. Other social and discussion events pepper the map and calendar, depending on who hosts them.
Please feel free to contact us with questions regarding this group. Please feel free to bring ideas to the organizers, especially for events. We would be happy to support you in hosting your own events.
We do have to pay fees to maintain this site, so we ask that all members throw a few dollars in a couple time a year to help support our community. You can give money to any of the organizers or you can send money through Venmo to @Stefanie-Ricard.