When AI Goes Awry: Examples and Mitigation Strategies
Please join PyData Pittsburgh for the talk When AI Goes Awry with AI ethics advisor and researcher Ravit Dotan! We'll be gathering in Room 102 in Benedum Hall at the University of Pittsburgh.
A discussion thread for this event is available on the PyData Pittsburgh Forum.
About the talk
What is "AI ethics" all about? And what can engineers, data scientists, and others do to develop AI in socially responsible ways? In this session, you will learn what AI ethics is through discussing cases in which AI has gone awry. For each case, we will talk about what went wrong, and what could have been done to prevent it from happening.
Getting to Benedum Hall
If you're traveling by car, convenient parking is available at the Soldiers and Sailors Parking Garage for a flat rate of $5. Street parking is also free throughout the area after 6pm.
The University of Pittsburgh is served by many PRT bus routes. Any bus stop along Fifth Avenue between Bigelow Boulevard and Meyran Avenue will get you reasonably close.
If you'd like to help spread the word about When AI Goes Awry, please share these links and posts on your favorite platforms!
- Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/pydata-pittsburgh/events/295326609/
- Forum: https://talk.pypgh.org/topic/10/when-ai-goes-awry-examples-and-mitigation-strategies
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7095083626706452480
- Mastodon: https://micro.hrsn.me/@patrick/110860753483486482
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hrsndotme/status/1689323653060599814