- Geek Night at Bitwise South Stadium
Root Access Hackerspace is setting up shop in the lobby of Bitwise South Stadium for our next Geek Night and bringing along everything needed for a full-tilt HACKERTIME evening. Swing by the Raspberry Pi Arcade or sit in on the 3D printer demo. Play a little Mario Kart in the theatre, or enjoy some Sit ‘n’ Stitch. FIRST Team 3303 will be showing off their robot and Women Techmakers Fresno will be reppin’ their 2019 International Women's Day Conference. On top of all of that, stroll through examples of what members have been able to create in this one-of-a-kind space – we’re talking LED art, laser cuts, 3D prints, and oscilloscope art. Sign up for a membership at the event, or donate to the amazing work Root Access is doing. #SupportYourLocalHackerspace We’ll have free food and beer while it lasts. Plus, grab a drink at the full bar. Soda and water will be available for purchase. Root Access Hackerspace is a community workspace catering to tech makers in Fresno. Their space includes 3D printers, electronics and soldering stations, a wood shop, and a crafting studio with sewing machines, tools for knitting, jewelry making, and clay modeling. Root Access also runs a small retail store to provide access to electronics hardware. Their store is stocked with Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, microcontrollers, LEDs, motors, sensors, and more.
- Intro to Soldering - Flickering Flame
Soldering is a fundamental skill for any sort of electronics work, and this class will teach you how to safely solder components onto a circuit board. We'll give you a small electronics kit -- the Flickering Flame from Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories -- and you'll solder LEDs and resistors onto a circuit board. When you're done, you'll know how to solder and have a pretty cool candle to take home!
- Sip 'n' Stitch
Calling all crafters! Grab your needles (or hooks) and join us for an evening at the hackerspace with friends who knit, embroider, or crochet. This is an open group to all crafty wine lovers. There is no formal instruction, but there are sure to be people willing to help you. Sip some wine, exchange patterns and tips, and make some friends! All skill levels are welcome! BYOB (BYOW?)
- Laser Cutter Workshop
We've got a laser cutter and we want to teach you how to use it! You can take art and engrave it or cut it onto paper, wood, acrylic, or even glass. We'll be going over the software we use, how to prep a picture or design, and how to laser out your piece. $5 donation is recommended.
- Lock Picking (Locksport)
• What we'll do We'll be doing a lockpicking/locksport on a monthly basis. If you have lockpicks feel free to bring some-if not, we'll have some to share. We've got some master locks as well as some dollar store locks and a see-through lock that shows the inside mechanics. • What to bring If possible, locks and lockpicks • Important to know
- 3D Printing: Tips & Tricks
• What we'll do Want to know how to whip up a logo ruhl quick? How about making a sick two-tone print? A portrait of one of your favorite peeps? We got you fam. With this free run down you'll be printing out rad gifts and keepsakes for your homies in no time. • What to bring Feel free to bring a laptop if you'd like to install the 3D printing software we use. • Important to know