What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Practical Cryptography - February Meetup
We will be hosted by dfinity in Zürich and we will have some food as well.
We will have two exciting speakers this time:
- 18:00 Door opening
- 18:15-19:00 Threshold ECDSA on the Internet Computer / canisters (advanced smart contracts) - Franz-Stefan Preiss
After a brief introduction to the Internet Computer, a general-purpose blockchain that runs decentralized apps called canister smart contracts at web speed, we give an overview of its crypto component, which is the ~100_000-line crypto toolbox implemented in Rust powering the Internet Computer. We then peak at the code of the threshold ECDSA protocol that was recently released on mainnet and finish by demoing the creation of a threshold ECDSA signature from a canister on the Internet Computer.
- 19:10-19:40 Master thesis: Multi Slot Keymanagement - Stefan Schindler
How does one handle a secret with multiple keys? Come and find out ;)
Stefan will talk about his master thesis and how he built it with rust.
- 19:45 Socializing / snacks
- Franz-Stefan is a senior software engineer at the DFINITY Foundation and engineering lead of their crypto team.
He helped design and implement the Internet Computer's crypto component from the ground up in Rust.
Franz-Stefan has a PhD in Computer Science from KU Leuven and a Master in Software Engineering & Internet Computing from TU Wien.
- Stefan Schindler: Freelancer, Organizator of past Rust Fest's and this Meetup.