What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Link visible for attendees
Learn the dirty little secrets to going from thinking and reading about creating a privacy program to implementing and running one. No legalese, no technical jargon, no buzz words, no assessment required - just a practical privacy approach that includes strategies and tactics that can be applied to help you get or stay compliant with the evolving privacy regulations.
· Employees are the first line of defense, so train them to “See something, Say something.”
· Organizations need to be accountable for privacy so ensuring someone is responsible for the privacy program (even part-time is a start.)
· When in doubt, leave it out and only collect the necessary personal data.
· Explain why you are collecting and using the information, especially if it isn’t obvious or if people think it could be used for another reason.
· Be honest and use the information only for the reason that you collected it.
· And more...
Janelle Hsia is the Founder and CEO of Privacy SWAN Consulting, a company that builds cultures based on trust, privacy and security. She is a trusted advisor for strategic and tactical decision-making within organizations of all sizes. She focuses on privacy and security while bringing a diverse background in leadership, business, security, privacy, and technology spanning over 20 years. Her experience integrating privacy with security and technology helps companies operationalize their privacy and security requirements.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY: csnp.org/slack
Linkedin Handle: https://www.linkedin.com/company/csnp
Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/CybersecurityNp
Help Us and Donate: csnp.org/donate
Learn about us: https://www.csnp.org/
Speak at one of our events: https://www.csnp.org/speak
Volunteer with us: https://www.csnp.org/volunteer