What we're about
Q: What is our main purpose? A: To have a Social Fun Competitive Softball games with players who are NICE and who love the game.
Q: Who should join us? A: If you love Softball and want to Socialize and are NICE and want to play with other Fun NICE players than this game is for you.
Q: What are the benefits of joining us? A: You will be part of a Social Fun group that plays in many leagues games all around San Diego and if you wanted to join any of them we will be able to help you join. All Fun Competitive and NICE softball Players are welcome!
Batting Practice will start at 11:30pm We will play 9 innings of Social Fun softball. We will play a Second Game if we have enough players available or have Batting Practice. Everyone needs to be there by 12:00pm Come enjoy Social Fun Softball! No METAL SPIKES please! No Glass Bottles!!!
If you bring a dog please put them on a leash so that we don't have the interruption of getting the dog on the field.
Call Robert Black aka (Blacky) with any questions. (619) 393-1998 or eMail me.
Please visit our sponsor. TeQ I.Q. The I.Q. of TeQnology http://www.teqiq.com/
Saturday Game Rules!!!
There is no Arguing at all!!!
No Blasting Music!!!
We are a Family Friendly Group.
Individuals with ALCOHOLIC beverages are allowed to consume during the games but not get Drunk. However for the sake of game and players safety please do not bring with you or CONSUME ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES on the field or in the dugout area. There is no smoking on the field or in the dugout.
This rule also applies to the consumption of Marijuana. Please do so away from the fields or by your personal vehicles.
To get more at bats and more fielding positions for everyone we are going to have 3 teams, 2 swings for guys and 3 swings for girls a 4 run limit and 2 outs for each team and you have to switch positions every switch of at bats so everyone can play the position they want to.
If we have 4 on each team the rotation starts from 3B moves to SS moves to 2B moves to 1B moves to 3B. Outfield rotation is Pitcher moves LF, 3B moves to CF, SS moves to RF, 2B moves to RF, 1B moves to Pitcher
If we have 5 on each team the rotation starts from Catcher moves to 3B moves to SS moves to 2B moves to 1B moves to Catcher. Outfield rotation is Catcher moves Rover, 3B moves to LF, SS moves to LC, 2B moves to RC, 1B moves to RF
If we have 6 on each team the rotation starts from Sitting moves to Catcher moves to Rover moves to 3B moves to SS moves to 2B moves to 1B moves to Pitcher. Outfield rotation is Pitcher moves to Sitting moves to Catcher moves Rover, 3B moves to LF, SS moves to LC, 2B moves to RC, 1B moves to RF
If we have 7 on each team the rotation starts from Pitcher moves to Catcher moves to Rover moves to 3B moves to SS moves to 2B moves to 1B moves to Pitcher. Outfield rotation is 3B moves to LF, Rover moves to LC, Pitcher moves to RC, Catcher moves to RF, SS moves to Sitting, 2B moves to sitting, 1B moves to sitting.
1) When you pitch to the other team 2 swings for guys and 3 swings for girls.
2) When you pitch to your own team it is 3 pitches for guys and 4 pitches for girls.
3) All bases you can over run and be safe if you overrun and turn towards the next base you are considered to be trying to advance to the next base and can be thrown out at the base you try to run too.
4) There is a force at every base.
5) You need to run to the outside base at first and home or you will be out.
6) At fields that we have outfield fences we play with a 1 up rule meaning 1 team can only have 1 more Home Run then the other team and if they hit 2nd home run before the other team ties them in Homeruns it is an out.
7) At fields that we have a foul fence if you hit it over there you are are out.
8) Pitcher makes all the safe and out calls on the bases.
9) Catchers make all the fair and foul calls.
10) When you pitch to the other team if you hit the ball at the pitcher and the pitcher can't react to the ball you are out.
11) When you pitch to your own team if you hit the pitcher you are out.
12) When you pitch to your own team the pitcher is not a fielder.
13) When you pitch to your own team the batted ball needs to reach the pitcher for it to be a fair ball or it will be considered a foul ball.
14) if both teams supply a catcher for the other team there are no foul out to the catcher.
15) There is no sliding into bases you can run around the base to avoid the fielder and will be safe if you beat the ball.
16) The Lineup is Boy then Girl until there are no girls left to bat.
17) Infield Fly Rule:
The rule applies only when there are fewer than two outs, and there is a force play (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_play) at third base (i.e., when there are runners at first and second base, or the bases are loaded (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bases_loaded)). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infield_fly_rule#cite_note-MLBdef-1) In these situations, if a fair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_ball) fly ball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batted_ball) is in play, and in the umpire's judgment it is catchable by an infielder with ordinary effort, the umpire shall call "infield fly" (or more often, "infield fly, batter's out"); the batter will be out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infield_fly_rule#cite_note-MLBrules-2) regardless of whether the ball is actually caught (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_(baseball)) in flight.