The Data Viz DC Meetup group is hosting a virtual event open to everyone in April with the authors and editors of the most recent Do No Harm Guide: Centering Accessibility in Data Visualization for a panel discussion on current best practices as well as future trends in making more accessible data viz. Topics that will be covered include:
- The state of accessibility in data viz and frequently seen accessibility problems
- How has inaccessible data visualization impacted people, especially in science and academia?
- How to write effective alt text for data viz and common ways alt text can fail
- What is the future of AI in generating alt text
- Where to begin to learn about accessibility
Panelists: Frank Elavsky, Alice Feng, Liz Hare, Larene Le Gassick, Sue Popkin, Doug Schepers, and Jon Schwabish
Please register in advance for the Zoom event: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrdeitrjorG9whzDQjpiWlqIisB3eX-Bjm