What we're about
A community that grew into The Consultancy. Besides free Cloud learning events (for Engineers), we offer for-fee Cloud Architecture & Data Engineering advice (to Executives) worldwide. We can also connect community members looking for work to jobs in the Cloud.
SERVERLESS TORONTO BELIEFS
We believe that Today's code is Tomorrow's Technical Debt, so we advocate the introduction of Serverless Technologies and a Serverless Mindset – to achieve business agility through using Managed Services and other people's APIs. (Simply put, Serverless is "Less IT Mess" :)
IT'S ALL ABOUT PASSION
Sometimes we're good at things we don't really care for, but it's that passion that will drive us to succeed. Steve Jobs once said, "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."
So, if you found your passion (related to IT), please tell us about it. If you're still searching, check us out. You may find it here – because we cover a variety of forward-looking IT topics.
*** FOR IT PROFESSIONALS ***
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
• Click on the "Join this group" button to get monthly updates about upcoming meetups (we will NOT spam you)
• Suggest a meetup topic or Request to present using this form https://forms.gle/RfLVjaB3JVpJ15oC9
LOOKING FOR WORK?
• We may be able to help you, so tell us about it...
To start the conversation and networking, join us on Slack http://slack.ServerlessToronto.org
*** FOR BUSINESSES ***
GET TO KNOW US
Serverless Toronto is a member of the family of Community-driven Serverless User Groups worldwide (https://www.meetup.com/pro/serverless) focused on fostering a community around serverless technologies for good. Each Serverless User Group is unique, organized by locals, and run according to the following principles:
1. Local – Run by local community organizers
2. Accessible – Financially and physically accessible to the community
3. Representative – Be representative of the broader society within which it exists.
Check out hot Cloud Computing topics from our past Meetups:
• Browse all slide decks http://slideshare.ServerlessToronto.org
• Watch recorded events http://youtube.ServerlessToronto.org
NEED A QUICK CLOUD OR DATA ENGINEERING ADVICE?
As true believers in Community networking and experience sharing, we offer Free Online Consultations. If your Company needs little help:
• Send us a message about your projects, dilemmas, doubts or fears, and if there's a match, your team will receive a complimentary (and confidential) 45-minute consultation.
• It will give you a fresh and unbiased perspective about "the thing" you're trying to build in the Cloud.
NEED A SECOND OPINION ON APPLICATION/DATA ARCHITECTURE MODERNIZATION?
If you are an Executive in need of "Emergency Advice," here is WHY & HOW we can help you:
• Thanks to our vast IT experience fed by Passion, Curiosity and the Serverless Mindset, we know that
1. Technology is not the point. The reason that we're doing this – any of this, is in service of some business goal.
2. The Customer value that your organization is trying to create is the point!
• That's why we focus on creating tangible values for our clients (like ROI, efficiencies, risk reduction, cost savings) – not work for work's sake:
TRY US OUT, AND:
• we'll uncover hidden opportunities to improve your business results (because we can see your options Further than traditional IT Architects).
• It's simply impossible to get a reliable Second Opinion from the same person who gave you the First one.
• Even if the Second Opinion confirms what you already know, it's beneficial to get confidence that you have done everything you can to ensure your project's success.
• Second Opinion engagement will deliver results quickly!
Serverless Toronto "Second Opinion" engagements are confidential, can be arranged on a flat-fee or hourly basis (your call), and require NO long-term commitment to us.
NEED LONGER-TERM HELP ADOPTING CLOUD?
We'll be happy to introduce you to our Serverless & Data experts looking for new opportunities. Take a look at our "matchmaking" promise: https://www.meetup.com/Serverless-Toronto/pages/31293691/Jobs/
LET'S GET STARTED:
Message us on Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/serverless-toronto/shared_invite/enQtNDc1NTM2OTQyMDE4LWQ0N2Q4MjFjODFjODc3ZmRkYWYyYTI3MmNmZmYwNWFhOGU0MmFlOTg5NDY4MzdlYTk5ZGViOWRjMmU4OWMyMmU
Upcoming events (1)
Link visible for attendees
After Mike Apted (Sr. Manager at AWS Startup Team) presents the theory on why & how your applications can benefit from Event-driven Serverless Architectures, Krish Perumal (CTO at Cedience) will share his real-world journey, challenges, and lessons learned when building modular Data Pipelines with AWS Serverless tools at Cedience – his Biotechnology startup that’s using AI to address knowledge gaps in drug development.
This is effectively Part #2 of the "Celebrate 5 Years" meetup because last month, we ran out of time for the 4th presentation.
Please bring along plenty of enthusiasm and questions – we're looking forward to it being a fun-filled night :)
- Daniel Z.
- Youlian T.
- 26 attendees
Past events (58)
- Daniel Z.
- Abhisar S.
- Alexandre M.
- 77 attendees