We are looking for experienced Rails developers of all genders to volunteer at the May 2010 RoR Outreach Workshop. When you RSVP, please indicate whether you are volunteering for the workshop, the Install Fest, or both!
This workshop will be at Pivotal Labs, 731 Market St., San Francisco. Nearest BART and Muni stops: Montgomery and Powell. The workshop location is wheelchair accessible. Secure indoor bicycle parking available.
If it's your first time teaching, please come to teacher training on Tuesday, May 11th, at the Blazing Cloud office (414 Mason St #403 San Francisco, CA 94102). We'll get started at 7 pm and we should be done around 9.
The notes for the stuff that you need to install live here: http://wiki.devchix.c...
The notes for the Rails curriculum live here: http://wiki.devchix.c.... If you can't make it to teacher training, please go over the notes before the workshop.
Not an experienced Rails developer but still want to help?
You certainly can! We need people like you to assist with registration, managing the door, cleaning up, and with childcare. Just indicate what you want to help with when you RSVP.
Friday, May 21, 5:30pm-9pm
Software Install Fest: feel free to volunteer for any amount of time if you cannot make it to the whole event.
As an Install Fest volunteer you will:
- Answer questions about what is being installed
- Help troubleshoot as attendees set up their laptops for the next day's workshop.
Saturday, May 22
9am-4pm: workshop (lunch provided).
5pm: after-party for volunteers & attendees, location TBD
As a Workshop teaching assistant, you can:
- Help attendees as they work through the workshop topics
- Help instructors answer questions
As a Workshop volunteer, you can:
- Greet participants as they arrive for the Install Fest and/or the workshop
- Help set up morning and lunch food service
- Keep track of workshop equipment such as adapters and projectors
- Help other volunteers in childcare
If you have questions, please ]email the workshop organizers.